I am fiending for a 24 hour race- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I am fiending for a 24 hour race

I've only done 1 twenty four hour race and need more. With the demise of the 24 hour race at Bogus I don't know where to turn. Does anybody know of any 24 hour races in Washington, Idaho or Oregon?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Slightly OT but if you're willing to drive to WA you may want to drive to the Tahoe area. I think Donner Summit has one.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    See http://www.ride424.com/calendar.html for a fairly comprehensive list of races.

The closest race is in Spokane at the end of May.

Keep the forum informed - I've talked to several people who are interested.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Count me in

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    See http://www.ride424.com/calendar.html for a fairly comprehensive list of races.

The closest race is in Spokane at the end of May.

Keep the forum informed - I've talked to several people who are interested.
    Twist - I'm still in for the Spokane race. Sean may be in too - if his broken big toe is healed by then!

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by freekthefunk
    I've only done 1 twenty four hour race and need more. With the demise of the 24 hour race at Bogus I don't know where to turn. Does anybody know of any 24 hour races in Washington, Idaho or Oregon?
    The 24 in Spokane is a blast. Fast course. www.roundandround.com
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    That looks like the race for me. I also have a couple friend intrested. Thanks for the info.

flexiflyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    The 24 in Spokane is a blast. Fast course.
    Psyched. I'll be there.

mc

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by flexiflyer
    Psyched. I'll be there.

mc
    hey man, nice Marley tribute today. excellent tunes for a sunday morning with the dogs. new Beck on the horizon. hope the station is receptive to it.

flexiflyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    hey man, nice Marley tribute today. excellent tunes for a sunday morning with the dogs. new Beck on the horizon. hope the station is receptive to it.
    Thanks for the kind words. Half the CDs that were lent to me were just trashed, hence the leaning towards older 1960's tunes (all that was mine...more into pre-reggae Jamaican stuff personally).

I'm sure we'll program a Beck tune or two. The new CD is supposed to be great. I've been riding Boge to do a Beck feature with me since I've got lots of his early stuff; including nice guitar, pedal steel (with the late Leo LeBlanc), and drum trio work. "Modesto" is one of my favorite songs ever.

On topic: looking forward to the 24. It's been a long time since I've done a loop event like that.

mc

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by flexiflyer
    Thanks for the kind words. Half the CDs that were lent to me were just trashed, hence the leaning towards older 1960's tunes (all that was mine...more into pre-reggae Jamaican stuff personally).

I'm sure we'll program a Beck tune or two. The new CD is supposed to be great. I've been riding Boge to do a Beck feature with me since I've got lots of his early stuff; including nice guitar, pedal steel (with the late Leo LeBlanc), and drum trio work. "Modesto" is one of my favorite songs ever.

On topic: looking forward to the 24. It's been a long time since I've done a loop event like that.

mc
    Well, riverside is a treat IMO. Our camp is fuzzily in the background of this year's GF catalog. And tons of pics from spokane in the catalog, actually. I got to meet SC's solo guy, Hendershot, at Vertical Earth in Cd'A before the 24 last year when I was picking up a new bike. Every time I saw him at the race I hollered at him, but I don't think he remembered who that hollering freak was!
    If any of us in the camp (at the 24) recognize you from the website pics we'll surely offer you a fine brewed beverage of the pint-sized variety.

I'm looking forward to the new Beck too. I hear it's more along the lines of Odelay, which is my favorite of them all. Tough to beat "Satan gave me a taco" though, for laughs anyway...