The Hyde Park shop is open- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The Hyde Park shop is open

About 5000 cruiser and commuter bikes parked out front. Glanced inside while dodging moving trucks, people jaywalking ("that car will stop for us, don't worry") and the usual HP craziness.

Obviously it's their first few days but I saw hardly anything inside but there were people which is a good sign, right? I think the name is Cyclesports???

Does Boise need another store selling cheap/heavy/fashion-crappy cruisers and choppers (in their defense I do not remember seeing one chopper)? I hope they do more than the usual "Grand Opening Sale.... 10% off," or "Free tire pressure check with every bike purchase, and if you buy two, we'll rotate your car tires, too!"

Hi!!!
    I peeked through the window the other day when I had lunch at Parilla. I swear I thought I saw one chopper in there (like a black and silver one?).

Drove through Hyde this afternoon and saw that they had ALOT of cruisers and commuters out front. The first thing that crossed my mind was "There really is a market for those things?". Maybe it's a North End/Hipster thing???

Good luck to Hyde Park Cyclesports!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I peeked through the window the other day when I had lunch at Parilla. I swear I thought I saw one chopper in there (like a black and silver one?).

Drove through Hyde this afternoon and saw that they had ALOT of cruisers and commuters out front. The first thing that crossed my mind was "There really is a market for those things?". Maybe it's a North End/Hipster thing???

Good luck to Hyde Park Cyclesports!!!
    When one is too lazy or too rich or just doesn't know how to seek a "real cruiser" at a thrift store, then there is a market for overpriced commuter bikes. Willing buyer... willing seller.

Wonder what happened to all of Crazy Shawn Grossman's Santa Cruz inventory??

King of the Barneys

Wink I'll bet I know what happened...

Quote Originally Posted by danK
    When one is too lazy or too rich or just doesn't know how to seek a "real cruiser" at a thrift store, then there is a market for overpriced commuter bikes. Willing buyer... willing seller.

he got that Jack Nicholson look in his eyes and threw all the inventory against the wall..
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

two comments

Quote Originally Posted by danK
    Two comments. "Crazy Shawn Grossman" is redundant. And I'd bet his Santa Cruz inventory was banished to the "Land of Short Top Tubes" to die a slow, painful death.