"Hulls Rock goes down"- Mtbr.com
    let freedom ring!

"Hulls Rock goes down"

Finally rode "the Rock" on Hulls Gulch. It was the first intimidating rock I encountered on my first Mt. Bike ride and has always been a mental/riding challenge, but today it went down. Probably not a big deal to most but it was a major milestone for me... Rock on!
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Aug 2004
    Good job Warren! I still walk it!

mtbr member

Sweet!

Good job, it took me a full year of stopping and scratching my head before I even attempted it!
    Your next challenge is to ride it with your eyes closed!
    Then again, maybe that is what you did the first time!?
    BoiseBoy

just a man
    Great job man, way to go for it.

Tell the truth - after you did it, your realized it wasn't that tough, didn't you Now let's try to ride up it.

let freedom ring!
    yes, once I did it I couldn't believe how easy it was. I was thinking of that also: riding up it.
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Jan 2005
    I've ridden up it. Just hit it at about 5 mph in a fairly low gear and go for it. It's actually not too bad...

Bend, OR
    Good work man! I remember that rock, its quite startling when you come up on it your first time on the trail. Such a sweet trail, I miss it.

blet drive
    i miss it to
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

Aug 2003
    First time for me this year too. I here stories all the time about riders tumbling 10' over the edge into the creek and have seen several do endos onto the rocks. The price can be high for failure. The key is focus and speed control. Conquering this one will pump up your ego.....that is until you try some of the advanced rides in Fruita, CO. Everyone eats a little humble pie after a couple of these trails. Congrats.

Members who have read this thread: 0