Highway 287, Jeffery City to Muddy Gap- Mtbr.com
    This is how it started...

Highway 287, Jeffery City to Muddy Gap

I lived in Wyoming for 15 years and traveled just about every road in the state. Last weekend I traveled back to Colorado on Highway 287, one of which I have never been on, and noticed some pretty enticing rock formations between Jeffery City and Muddy Gap. It was foggy and snowy and it was hard to read the signs but it was the Popo Aggie area on the North and the Green Mountains to the South. Looks like some seriously promising MTB'ing country. Can anyone give me direction on what is available for mountain biking in the area?

mtbr member
    I'm not sure. I'd check out the trails website for the Medicine Bow NF: http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/mbr/recreation/trails/

You'll need map to figure out where the trails are exactly.

And www.singletracks.com has much better trail directions and info

This is how it started...
    Thanks. Looks like a couple of good websites to investigate.
    I think I'll head up there when the weather is better and check it out for a weekend. I'll post when I return with the results of the trip.
    Looks like Laramie has some areas worth checking out. I'm in Longmont CO now and like Hall Ranch but it gets crowded. Like to get away from CO and ride true single track.
    Originally from SD. Check out the Black Hills Fat Tire Festival on the SD forum coming up in May. They have some truly awesome riding there. Contact Acme Bicycles in Rapid City for local riding areas if you get up there.

mtbr member
    Let me know if you're around Laramie and need someone to show you the trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0