Here it goes again.......- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Here it goes again.......

I just posted my Revelation fork on the classifieds here and the scammers have started already - "my shipping agent will arrange".

These people should be hanged by their eye sockets!

just a man
    If you have a few minutes to have fun with them, string them along and report back on the fun. Seriously, we all could use a good laugh here.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yeah really!

mtnjam
    mess with the scammers. Tell them you will talk to their shipping agent and send them a dinner fork or a photocopy of your fork for sale.

Sep 2004
    HAHA I like RYMAN's comment you should try it..

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I just posted my Revelation fork on the classifieds here and the scammers have started already - "my shipping agent will arrange".

These people should be hanged by their eye sockets!
    I received my own. I used to play with them but that was years ago. I think the use of the word "regard" is a giveaway you're either dealing with a scammer or a New York Broadway dancer.

HELLO,
    THANKS FOR YOUR MAIL,PLEASE TELL ANYONE INTERESTED IN THIS ITEM THAT ITS HAS BEEN SOLD TO ME.A CHEQUE THAT INCLUDE THE SHIPPING COST AND YOUR COST WILL BE ISSUE OUT TO YOU BY MY CLIENT AND WHEN THE CHEQUE CLEARS AT YOUR BANK,YOU WILL DEDUCT YOUR COST FROM IT AND YOU WOULD THE LEFT FUNDS WIRE TO THE SHIPPINGCOMPANY TO ENABLE THEM COME TO YOUR LOCATION FOR THE PICKUP,SO I WILL WANT YOU TO PROVIDE TO ME THE BELOW INFORMATIONS SO THAT THE CHEQUE PAYMENT COULD BE MAILOUT TO YOU ONTIME....

FULL NAMES AS IT SHOULD APPEAR ON THE CHEQUE...
    FULL CONTACT ADDRESS WITH ZIP CODE AND PHONE NUMBER...

I WILL BE EXPECTING THE ABOVE INFORMATIONS FROM YOU TODAY SO THAT THE CHEQUE PAYMENT COULD BE MAIL OUT TO YOU IMMEDIATELY...

REGARDS

Of course I wrote back "sounds good... how shall we proceed?"
    This goes on for about a day or so (nothing else to do at work) before I send them to one of the fake bicycle web sites doing the same thing essentially. Letting two scammers go at it is fun I bet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I actually had them send me fake US money orders, it's a hoot. The Post Office got a real kick out of them. Somethings always fishing when you are asking for $800 and they send you $2700 in MO. hehe

mtbr member
    May 2004
    hello, i am interesed in buynig your bike, and let me know the condition of
    the bike and also i will be paying by cashier cheque asap get back with the
    last price Including the picx and that Transaction can stat
    Regards......Good familyHelp........

Jan 2005
    I have a great interest in buying your (Rock Shox Revelation) from you.. I will send you a cashiers check for $2000 and you can mail me the difference and the (Rock Shox Revelation).

Please reply at [email protected]

Members who have read this thread: 0