Hello Missoula.... wheres the trails??- Mtbr.com
    MTB FOREVER
    Dec 2004

Smile Hello Missoula.... wheres the trails??

OK where is there some good trails a fat old slow man like me can ride and take lots of breaks. I am coming home to Missoula in a couple of days for vacation from Nashville Tn. I have not been doing much riding this year but I want to ride while I am at home. I am hoping to be able to move back home this summer would like some areas to check out while there over Christmas. My brother-n-law has told me there is no snow by him out past Bonner. So I am hoping the weather holds out for us. Also what are some good MB web sites around the Missoula area or heck even the state??
    Thanks everyone
    Old Man Crash

Only dead people are old

Check the LBS

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Crash
    OK where is there some good trails a fat old slow man like me can ride and take lots of breaks. I am coming home to Missoula in a couple of days for vacation from Nashville Tn. I have not been doing much riding this year but I want to ride while I am at home. I am hoping to be able to move back home this summer would like some areas to check out while there over Christmas. My brother-n-law has told me there is no snow by him out past Bonner. So I am hoping the weather holds out for us. Also what are some good MB web sites around the Missoula area or heck even the state??
    Thanks everyone
    Old Man Crash
    There are plenty of great trails to ride in and around Missoula. For the best advise you should contact one of the many local bike shops - they are all very knowledgeable and very cool to work with.

Salad Days
    If it isn't snow covered the rattlesnake area would be nice, or pattee canyon (which seems to be warmer) If you are lucky, scibot or gonzostrike will tell you the current conditions. I'm kind of wondering myself. . .But its snowing in Bozeman and I'm snowboarding tomorrow.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Did you eat your Malt-O-Meal?

Quote Originally Posted by jparker164
    But its snowing in Bozeman and I'm snowboarding tomorrow.
    Yo jparker164, Bridger got 23 inches in the past 24 hours? What are you playing on yer computer for? Sheesh.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

JAK
    mtbr member

snow!

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but we finally got snow! You can ride at any of the three RecAreas...I would recommend Rattlesnake or Blue Mtn. a good portion of Pattee will be groomed for skate skiing. The riding is great in the snow, just bootie-up or Gore-Tex sock it. We have just enough snow to make it really fun! Your drivetrain will get icy, so lube 'er up good...if you run SS you are made-in-the-shade! For maps n'such, just hook up with any local bike shop...

HaveFun!
    Night has fallen.
    And there's nothin' we can do about it.

banned
    parker better be ripping the pow at Bridger now or he's a dead man when I see him!

JAK's right, but then, he's JAK...

MTB FOREVER
    Dec 2004

Missoula and back home now

Well thanks for all the information. Yea it snowed and was blowing but my son and I geared up and went for a little roade ride (on our mtn bikes)out in Bonner by my inlaws house. We wound up coming back to TN early so we were not able to get any good riding in. I hope to move back to missoula this spring and cant wait to do some real MTBing. Which means harder crashes. But hay this old fat man bounces pretty good.
    Again thanks for everyone's time
    Maurice