Heat Ride- Mtbr.com

Thread: Heat Ride

mtbr member
    May 2004

Heat Ride

Ended up doing a solo ride today at 1pm (sorry to those others and hope we take a rain check!). I did not mean to diss you out.

Started at 1pm from Bogus Basin road at Ridleys and rode my Reign up BB road to Entrance Exam, which kind of sucked, then rode entrance exame down stack rock trail and down Connie. Connie was nice and cool with a breeze up at top. She's one fast trail, but a bit overgrown in spots and hard to site the trail in spots.

Man, that lower section after the rock garden is wicked fast piece of singletrack and it's all I can do to hold on. Good stuff. The climb out sucked and the climb out of Bogus near Corrals sucked.

And I need a camera

All in all good day.
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-05-2007 at 07:29 PM.

mtnjam
    trails look empty....everyone's in hiding from the heat. Good on you though for getting out there and making a good ride out of it.

Looks like the french bread is still working huh?

energy
    How hot was it today, 98? 98?? Haha! We only got up to low 90's, but there was a bit of humidity in the air (60%) when I went out biking with the racing group at 8am this morning! Would have liked to have done the Bogus part of our ride with you!! Sure miss that climb! Instead, am now going for distance. Hope to do a century in August with this group. I'll keep you posted!

mtbr member
    May 2004

Complex carbs

Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    trails look empty....everyone's in hiding from the heat. Good on you though for getting out there and making a good ride out of it.

Looks like the french bread is still working huh?
    Yah man, thanks!

But sheez dude, you wouldn't know it. I've been using those cliff blocks. not too bad, better than Hammer gel anyway for MY system. Yeah connie, how does trail work get done on it it needs some trimmin love!
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-05-2007 at 07:29 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Yes Maaam

Quote Originally Posted by FBkrISOu
    How hot was it today, 98? 98?? Haha! We only got up to low 90's, but there was a bit of humidity in the air (60%) when I went out biking with the racing group at 8am this morning! Would have liked to have done the Bogus part of our ride with you!! Sure miss that climb! Instead, am now going for distance. Hope to do a century in August with this group. I'll keep you posted!
    Yahoo weather from NWS says high of 98 actually. you got big humidity but good on ya going out to ride, train. Hows the folks there, pretty nice? You can do a century no problem, just keep the training up like you started so you'll feel good on the century. This a fund raiser or what?

I'll have to give my cousin a shout, your neighbor, when he gets back, he's still in Cal.

Have a good one

just a man
    That was a mighty big ride Daryl! I bet you got a great workout. Tam was really nice, new trails, some of which are dbl black diamond. Let's get something on the calendar.

Members who have read this thread: 0