Hayden lake,Coeur d' Alene rides?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Hayden lake,Coeur d' Alene rides?

All -

A friend of mine has a family cabin on Hayden lake in northern ID, and we're looking to do some riding next week while we're up there. We're both good bike handlers, and are looking for good looops with anything from 3-5 hours on the bike. Any must-ride spots in the area? Any advice? Any snowpack reports, weather reports, mosquito reports, jaguar reports, or anything else we might not have thought about?

My plan was to head to a LBS and start askin' questions, but I thought y'all could help me out!

Thanks,

Jeremy

Don't worry, be happy!
    Farragut state park has miles of trails. Not sure if Bernard Peak is clear yet?

When can I ride?
    Nov 2006

Canfield...

The Canfield trails are a good, more technical choice as well. I rode to the Nettleton Gulch trailhead from a friends place on Hayden Lake yesterday. The Canfield trails are clear of snow and Bernard Peak should be clear as well. Actually saw both a bear and a moose on the ride yesterday on Canfield... the bear was a first on Canfield for me.

Here is a trail map for the Canfield trails.

Enjoy your trip.

sharing the love
    Canfield trails are good, but not great. I ride them because I don't have to drive to get to them. If you are looking for great trails, try Caribou Ridge or Liberty Creek (going down the single track, not up). Farragut is fun, but it can be a lot of stopping and map reading. There are about 23409830948 intersections there. Bernard Peak might be clear by now...most likely. However, I don't think you'll find 3-5 hours of riding on most of my suggestions unless you ride pretty slow...or do a couple laps, but they are well worth it.
    "Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells

Don't worry, be happy!
    Are any of the N FK CDA trails clear yet? Lost Creek, etc. There are some pretty significant loops up there IIRC.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Folks -

Thanks so much for the help. I'll look into liberty creek and caribou ridge, as well as farragut and canfield.

Formica - N FK CDA? Not sure what that is, but I'll look up Lost Creek. Thanks!

I also have 2 more questions...

Does anyone know good LBS's to drop by for maps, good ride suggestions, etc?

Also, does anyone know the score for night riding? I know mum's the word in most places, so PM if you have any experience/advice :-)

Gracias,

Jeremy

Don't worry, be happy!
    check this link for N FK CDA river writeups...

http://www.fttrc.org/cdaRiver.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0