Happy Jack and Vedauwoo can you connect them?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Happy Jack and Vedauwoo can you connect them?

Is there a way to connect the 2 trail systems? It looks like there is a road at the end of the Headquarters trail.

http://www.uwyo.edu/rec/outdoor-prog...hj-and-ved.pdf The map shows the connecting road. Wish I could be more help, but we always hike there and haven't biked the connection yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yep you can connect them, maybe drop down double black diamond then a little road to 707AF and away you go. The Vedauwoo trails can be tough to navigate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nre7766 View Post
    Yep you can connect them, maybe drop down double black diamond then a little road to 707AF and away you go. The Vedauwoo trails can be tough to navigate.
    Cool thanks What are they like? Seeing how Happy Jack and Gowdy are so different but relatively close to each other.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Vedauwoo trails aren't necessarily traveled as much, so can have some route finding difficulties. Maybe it's better this time of year, but earlier in the summer a lot can be muddy and boggy. Definitely have a map and be up for an adventure! I think people have added a lot of MTB Project, so that can be a good app to use to try to keep on course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooshee View Post
    Vedauwoo trails aren't necessarily traveled as much, so can have some route finding difficulties. Maybe it's better this time of year, but earlier in the summer a lot can be muddy and boggy. Definitely have a map and be up for an adventure! I think people have added a lot of MTB Project, so that can be a good app to use to try to keep on course.
    I just looked at MRB Project and it looks like a good map of the area. I'm a little surprised the Trail Forks app doesn't have that area on it. I think its a better app to use for navigation. I got my parking pass for the area and I have ridden Happy Jack a bunch of times now so I feal like I kind of know my way around the trails there.