Green Light- Mtbr.com

Thread: Green Light

mtbr member
    May 2004

Green Light

Good riding tonight - did an extended dork and down the connector up and down Shanes, Buck Trail, back up connector in the dark and down the freeway and back up 15th. Trails are in good condition, nice sticky/tacky no extended mud spots and just a few mud puddles on fwy and Bucks.

Windy out there tho, specially going up shanes, man. seemed to dye down as dusk came. good thing for my sweet trek head/ear warmer from IMT. fits and works way better than the pearl izumi one I lost "somewhere".

I like rding at night, first time I"ve used my light in a long time and since Bat + fixed it.
    works ace, I just need to decide how high up I want to point the beam. Ideal would be handlebar mounted + helmet mounted fer sure

Nice night, but the sunset wasn't as nice at today's sunrise. Riding should be good this coming w/e if we don't git too much more rain. Funny how we talk about trail conditions as if the trails are something "alive" like the ocean/wind/swell, like we used to talk about surf reports and surf conditions!
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-15-2006 at 07:31 PM.

King of the Barneys
    Glad you were out there. I did a dandy dork loop with one of the usual suspects, but we went out early, 4 to 5 pm, give or take, and it was great. Uncrowded, cool, windy, and perfect conditions. Remember boys and girls, the right etiquette when you come across a puddle in the middle of the trail is to ride right through the middle, thus not widening the trail.

It was fun to get out and rock without crowds tonight.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Bunny Hop....
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Hi!!!
    I like to ride around puddles cuz I don't like to get my tires wet.

Anyone gonna be hitting MR later today? I'm guessing by tomorrow evening when we are planning to ride it'll be OK, but I'd like a confirmation. I think the showers are suppose to end soon and then it'll be clear through at least Friday and I guess Saturday.

Barneys Unite!
    Trails might be a tad wet later today. I am down by St. Luke's, and it is pretty soggy right now. Still drizzling.

TF

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Bad Nick...no biscuit.

Don't go around things. Through or over. Never around. NEVER around.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Bad Nick...no biscuit.

But I don't like getting mud on me! Clean clothes good....mud streak up the backside....bad.

------

TFloyd --- you have lights? If worse comes to worse we are just leaving from my friends house off of Shenandoah and just going up and down Rocky Canyon tomorrow evening. Ya' know...in preparation for that damn Cycle Idaho next year . Ran into Harley last month at Fort Boise and pretty much committed me and Doc Jay to riding it again. Ugh.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Bad Nick...no biscuit.

Agreed - every time you go around a puddle, it makes the trail wider. Nick, mud on your backside (unless it is personally-produced mud) is good for you!

Remember - keep singletrack single!!!

Hi!!!
    Guess my sarcasm didn't come through regarding going around puddles?

Barneys Unite!

Lights?

Nope, no lights yet. I did break down and buy a road bike (gasp) so I could at least do some riding.

Oh, I forgot, I can't talk to you guys anymore now that I'm a roadie.

I was thinking about the Cycle Idaho trip just yesterday. I'm actually looking forward to it (well, kinda).

TF

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Sarcasm? What in the heck is that?

Nick, no sarcasm intended, but I would stay out of the Reserve area today. Give it some drying time. On my ride Tuesday night, there was a definite difference in dryness/rideability between the 8th street stuff (Kestrel, Freeway, Hulls, Chickadee, etc...) and the Reserve (Cottonwoods, Ridgecrest, Bucktail, etc...) As is said here every fall/winter/spring, the reserve soil tends to hold the moisture longer and stay muddier than the soil between Mtn. Cove Road and 8th Street. Just my usual $.02.

roar
    I just ran Bucks. The trails couldnt be better. It was beautiful out there. Im serious. If you can get out before it rains again, do it. The trails are awesome.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I knew you were just yankin our chains..
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I guess. The puddles I encountered had sections of trail on one or both sides of them already, within the width of the overall trail, so I didn't ride through them. I don't have a garage like you do, so If my bike gets muddy I still have to bring it inside

Members who have read this thread: 0