Great singletrack hardly used.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Great singletrack hardly used.

While it's away from the comfy confines of the Foothills I really enjoy the usually empty trails around the Dry Creek Cemetary area. It's not a dazzling display of all-day riding, but there are 2 nice canyon draws, some switchbacks and mix of steep short hills and fast fireroads.

Dogs and hikers are easy to spot, and there are some super technical almost grown over cowtrails in some of the smaller depressions. I'd say these cowtrails are the best part.

Parking is at that skate park or you can park at the optomist park off Hill and ride in through the back uphill singletrack.

mtbr member
    Westin, I concur. This is some cool riding. There are several ways to get into the area (just east of the cemetary right off the canal, off of old HW 55 as well - near where the current road takes you back to the current HW 55). The trails are in pretty good shape and there are a lot of them. I recall hopping a couple of fences that were laying on the ground as well. Are the trails any better marked? I was there last a few years back. The trail system seemes to butt against the cemetary on the south end, the dump on the east, ada county road care barn on the north side, and homes on the west.

Another interesting place is across the road from the dump. Some of these are new trails and well marked, but as you go north toward stepford springs, the number of trails seems to grow. As well you can head east toward the Pierce Park drainage and find more. Very diverse place with single and double track. If lost, just aim for the water town above SS.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by discfor1
    Westin, I concur. This is some cool riding. There are several ways to get into the area (just east of the cemetary right off the canal, off of old HW 55 as well - near where the current road takes you back to the current HW 55). The trails are in pretty good shape and there are a lot of them. I recall hopping a couple of fences that were laying on the ground as well. Are the trails any better marked? I was there last a few years back. The trail system seemes to butt against the cemetary on the south end, the dump on the east, ada county road care barn on the north side, and homes on the west.

Another interesting place is across the road from the dump. Some of these are new trails and well marked, but as you go north toward stepford springs, the number of trails seems to grow. As well you can head east toward the Pierce Park drainage and find more. Very diverse place with single and double track. If lost, just aim for the water town above SS.
    I believe there are two fences a trail user would have to go through to access everything at one point or another.
    That trail at the water tower is a good quickie, and you can ride the canal banks (some times of the year the goathead infestation is gone) over to the aforementioned trails over the cemetary. I'd rather not ride the pavement over to the Stepford Wives Springs trails; they're kind of in no man's land.

But the cow trails above the Eagle Skate park are too much fun! Many of them are pristine and kind of dead end or get too sketchy/sidehilly but it's so much darn fun!! Did I say that already? And the bmx type jump trails the kids built on the side near the skate park are a hoot!

Have you found the narrow singletrack that is smooth as butter along the ridge that cuts off from the main trail. It dead ends at the big freeway like cutout you can see from Beacon Light. Faaaast!!!!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Get a cross bike and ride the Seamans Gulch, Dry Creek Cemetary and the Stepford Springs trails all in one ride - as well as getting in 20 miles of roadin'. I can't wait to include the Pole Cat trails. Yar!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Get a cross bike and ride the Seamans Gulch, Dry Creek Cemetary and the Stepford Springs trails all in one ride - as well as getting in 20 miles of roadin'. I can't wait to include the Pole Cat trails. Yar!
    You can do all that?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    You can do all that?
    It ends up being a 3-5 hour ride depending on the route taken. It's all about spending quality time with a bike.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    It ends up being a 3-5 hour ride depending on the route taken. It's all about spending quality time with a bike.
    That is awesome. I think a cross bike would be perfect for all but a few trails in the area above Dry Creek. There are some seriously rough and steep step-downs through ravines that were probably made by angry and disgruntled cows.

Members who have read this thread: 0