Great Fun at Happy Jack- Mtbr.com
    Black and Sticky

Great Fun at Happy Jack

Already posted in the Arizona forum, which is my "home" but thought it appropriate to post a message here too. Thanks for all the great advice on riding near Laramie. Happy Jack trails were great fun, even if my 1100 foot elevation Phoenix lungs had a problem with the 8500 foot Wyoming elevation. Actually, I wasn't gasping nearly so much on day 2 as on day 1. The guys at Fine Edge, in Laramie where I rented a bike, were great. Folks on the trail seemed very courteous and the bugs weren't too bad. The scenery was spectacular at times. Here are some photos, which I'm sure the Laramie folks will recognize. BTW, the Headquarters trail turned out to be my favorite, second was Summit loop. Oddly enough, for a short while on Headquarters I followed a girl wearing a tennis dress and riding what appeared to be some kind of fancy Scott carbon fiber MTB. That's something you don't see very often here in Phoenix.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Glad you liked it. Did you ever get any night riding in?

Black and Sticky
    Nope, the night ride didn't work out. The timing just wasn't right. I got to Laramie around noon on Saturday and rented the bike then. After messing around for a couple hours I got impatient considering the nice weather and decided to not wait until sundown and just headed up the hill to ride. By that evening I was pretty tired according to the formula: altitude + old age = whipped! I rode again Sunday, but after that no opportunity for night ride due to business commitments. But I do have a night ride scheduled this Saturday on the Pemberton Trail near Phoenix:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=433267

Overall had a great and productive time in Laramie. In addition to the HJ ride, went to Centenniel for dinner and got to visit the Buckhorn one evening. But I would have preferred to stay for a few days and visit Curt Gowdy and some other areas. Maybe next time. Thanks again for the great info!

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

Members who have read this thread: 0