Gravitational Sweetness... :)- Mtbr.com
    King of the Barneys

Gravitational Sweetness... :)

I think it all started with me calling B4X & Alex Thurs nt or Friday telling them I wanted to ride at elevation today to help get ready for next weekend in Stanley, so at the very last second, they threw a ride together, and thanks to B4X, Mtnbkr98, Alex, Flip, Barbie, James, Brian and Reese for making this a great ride. 9 was a pretty good group.

And thanks to Al and his minions for building that great piece into Eastside that we rode today. Basically we parked at E/E, took the road up to Eastside, did E/S, and out the long downhill. Too much fun. Only one spectacular biff, and he's fine.

Here are a few shots I took, and I hope the others will add theirs.

CDB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

roar

dust-o-rama

Thanks guys for putting the ride together. We had alot of fun. Here are a few of my favorite pics of the day.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

just a man
    E'Side with a large dose of the other stuff was a whale of a time. Good riding guys and gal.
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 07-24-2007 at 09:52 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Really great riding with all you guys. Good people, good times!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    OK

Alright.

Sweet Sweet Connie took over that act. She had the whole show and that's a natural fact.

Glad to seen people are enjoying Sweet Sweet Connie

Sweet Sweet Connie is a good downhill run if you're into that sort of thing.

It's nice to see that responsible people are riding Sweet Sweet Connie in moderate numbers.

We wouldn't want to bother the dude and his cows by having unruly gangstas or pimp daddy Mad Max wannabes shredding up Sweet Sweet Connie in oppressive numbers posing for airtime lookatmes or humping pixels with gangland hand signals.

Next time you ride Sweet Sweet Connie please have as good a time as you did last time.

Sweet Sweet Connie is worth it.

You're either on top of Sweet Sweet Connie or you're going down on Sweet Sweet Connie. Or at least that's how most people ride her. You start by entering Sweet Sweet Connie from the back side. Buns up. Wheeling and dealing.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    that is so wong...
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

just a man
    Thanks, Chiquita. Next time we're coming to your town with Freddy King.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    CP, I don't think most of these folks will get the Connie Chung innuendo? :-)

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Yuck it up, Mulletboy.

Don't you think it's kind of childish to codify the well-known and frequently ridden foothills trail "Sweet Sweet Connie" behind the transparency of Maury Povich's boy-toy and in the same thread mock the name of the only one true Sweetness, Walter Payton? Was this some feeble thrust at a secret society Skull and Bones fratboy fistbump popstar wannabe ism? Rather than charade the good times had behind the woubby, why not say something honest like: "Several of us Boise mountain biking enthusiasts joined togather and rode Eastside, then we descended Sweet Sweet Connie, which was really quite enjoyable". There's nothing special enough about Sweet Sweet Connie to warrant uttering its name in hushed tones and with a nod and a wink. Just don't do something stupid like showing up with all your friends and pissing the dude off. The dude may not abide.

mtbr member
    May 2004

uhhhh okay

glad you're in the know

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Yuck it up, Mulletboy.

Just don't do something stupid like showing up with all your friends and pissing the dude off. The dude may not abide.
    I'm with you. Like my pappy used to say, "Son, when you become a man, don't cross a dude who may not abide." Boy, has that saved my bacon time after time.

Thanks dad.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

just a man
    98 - You're right.
    'Crank - You're right.
    CBro - You're right.
    Visi - You said "wong."

BMX:Our Shining Future

Is "Sweet Connie Chung"

some kind of code for smoking marijuana and then riding your bicycle?

just a man
    No, I don't touch the ganja. Connie Chung is/was a news reporter married to Maury Povich. It was weak humor. See 'Crank's post above for more explanation.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    some kind of code for smoking marijuana and then riding your bicycle?
    Here's the scoop, Montuna Melt.

Sweet Sweet Connie is a thinly veiled reference to female genitalia.

"Everybody Wang Chung tonight" is Mulletboy's favorite song.

I heard once that Maury Povich (whom Connie refers to has her own special Lord Tunaki) had the camera crew ready because: "Everybody Connie Chung tonight."

So there you have it, the fairy tale that it really truely is.

mtbr member

Wow!

OK

Alright.

Sweet Sweet Connie took over that act. She had the whole show and that's a natural fact.

Glad to seen people are enjoying Sweet Sweet Connie

Sweet Sweet Connie is a good downhill run if you're into that sort of thing.

It's nice to see that responsible people are riding Sweet Sweet Connie in moderate numbers.

We wouldn't want to bother the dude and his cows by having unruly gangstas or pimp daddy Mad Max wannabes shredding up Sweet Sweet Connie in oppressive numbers posing for airtime lookatmes or humping pixels with gangland hand signals.

Next time you ride Sweet Sweet Connie please have as good a time as you did last time.

Sweet Sweet Connie is worth it.

You're either on top of Sweet Sweet Connie or you're going down on Sweet Sweet Connie. Or at least that's how most people ride her. You start by entering Sweet Sweet Connie from the back side. Buns up. Wheeling and dealing.
    Another useless post with little to no bike content! Do you ever make any sense to anybody but yourself and the voices in your own head? You ruin almost every thread with your weak attempt at humor and sarcasm. Please retreat back to your Highlitghts magazine and leave the rest of us alone to actually read worthwhile bike content!

Peace Out
    BoiseBoy

just a man
    Nice one!

Jun 2007
    "Sweet Sweet Connie took over that act. She had the whole show and that's a natural fact."

This is a reference to Grand Funk Railroad's We're an American Band. I guess that was missed by others.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Snark it up BosomBoy.

Any bonehead can post up a bike trip report. Witness the endless stains of wank material that gets ejaculated on this forum on an hourly basis. Not much originality it that is there?

The idiocy of this thread was that the OPs weakly veiled the name of the widely known, yet unofficial, trail "Sweet Sweet Connie" behind some pathetic inside joke as if it were the privilege of some secret handshake-enabled fraternity of head bangers.

If you don't like the commentary you can choose to ignore it. It's your choice. You can get on the bus or you can stay off the bus. Choice is a fundamental American right after all.

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

"Sweet Sweet Connie"

(That last one was for Irishbudda after his comment to me the other day.)
    Last edited by TwistedCrank; 07-24-2007 at 08:38 PM.

just a man
    (this post removed due to the voices in my head for a change)
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 07-24-2007 at 09:53 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004

No mullets around here!

Yuck it up, Mulletboy.

Don't you think it's kind of childish to codify the well-known and frequently ridden foothills trail "Sweet Sweet Connie" behind the transparency of Maury Povich's boy-toy and in the same thread mock the name of the only one true Sweetness, Walter Payton? Was this some feeble thrust at a secret society Skull and Bones fratboy fistbump popstar wannabe ism? Rather than charade the good times had behind the woubby, why not say something honest like: "Several of us Boise mountain biking enthusiasts joined togather and rode Eastside, then we descended Sweet Sweet Connie, which was really quite enjoyable". There's nothing special enough about Sweet Sweet Connie to warrant uttering its name in hushed tones and with a nod and a wink. Just don't do something stupid like showing up with all your friends and pissing the dude off. The dude may not abide.
    Don't offend Cousin ITT
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-05-2007 at 07:29 PM.

we're comin to yer town

we gonna party down

i LIKE this thread It has pictures of bicycles the forest an attractive woman and belay slave a few strange jokes there is an argument about how we are all wasting our time or not which is really THE only argument now isnt it? Twisted Crank called me "montuna melt" Im learning new things about female genetalia AND the band Grand Funk Railroad I just LOVE their first album

its been FUN for me!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I like Grand Funk too. I thought "gravitational sweetness" was pretty clever actually: Gravity, as in your friend, and sweetness, as in Sweet Connie!!!

We're An American Band

We're comin to yer town
    we're going to party down

Members who have read this thread: 0