Grand Targhee Recs?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2017

Grand Targhee Recs?

I'm hitting up Grand Targhee Bike Park next week. Is there anything I should consider before going? I'd like to hit the 25 mile loop and have a day of downhill fun as well. What else in the area is worth checking out? Should I do two days in Targhee or one in Targhee and one in Jackson?

Just trying to get a feel for everything.

beater
    What 25 mile loop?

How much time do you have?

What do you like to ride?

I really enjoy both the DH and XC trails at Targhee, and I could happily spend a weekend there (and have many times). They said, there are awesome backcountry trails in the valley as well. Teton Pass has some fantastic DH trails. The JHMR bike park is small but really fun for flow trail hot laps.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    What 25 mile loop?

How much time do you have?

What do you like to ride?

I really enjoy both the DH and XC trails at Targhee, and I could happily spend a weekend there (and have many times). They said, there are awesome backcountry trails in the valley as well. Teton Pass has some fantastic DH trails. The JHMR bike park is small but really fun for flow trail hot laps.

https://mountainbiketetons.org/regio...-targhee-loop/

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You could do a full day on the Targhee XC trails- the IMBA epic loop will get you plenty tired and satisfied. Then another lift-served day up there at Targhee if you don't feel like moving, or then it depends on your taste.

If you want more flow trail that has been nicely sculpted, head to Teton Pass and ride Arrow to Phillips Ridge to the Stagecoach, lock up your bike and hitch up to grab your car, then drive over to Jackson and ride Ferrins to W Game to Cache to Putt putt. Then to the Snake River Brewery to toast yourself.

If you want some wilder trail that has still seen upkeep, head over to the Bigholes and go up Grove, down Corral to Red Creek, down Red, across the sheep driveway, all the way up Corral (save some water and some umph for this), then down Grove or a little Hike a bike and down Drake (more technical). Or Mail Cabin to Mike Harris (which is my all-time favorite, but a shuttle is nice so you don't ride the highway). All these are on the Mountain Bike the Tetons website.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    You could do a full day on the Targhee XC trails- the IMBA epic loop will get you plenty tired and satisfied. Then another lift-served day up there at Targhee if you don't feel like moving, or then it depends on your taste.

If you want more flow trail that has been nicely sculpted, head to Teton Pass and ride Arrow to Phillips Ridge to the Stagecoach, lock up your bike and hitch up to grab your car, then drive over to Jackson and ride Ferrins to W Game to Cache to Putt putt. Then to the Snake River Brewery to toast yourself.

If you want some wilder trail that has still seen upkeep, head over to the Bigholes and go up Grove, down Corral to Red Creek, down Red, across the sheep driveway, all the way up Corral (save some water and some umph for this), then down Grove or a little Hike a bike and down Drake (more technical). Or Mail Cabin to Mike Harris (which is my all-time favorite, but a shuttle is nice so you don't ride the highway). All these are on the Mountain Bike the Tetons website.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm liking the potential of this trip. Wish I had an extra day or so, but 2 should be fun enough.