good ride on sunday- Mtbr.com
    Wandervans

good ride on sunday

Had a good ride on sunday out in the owyhees, I was not sure what it was going to be like out there, since it had rained out there this week. It ended up being super tacky and I had a lot of fun, the was one short section where the horses had pounded the trail and I had to walk around that section, because it was like a mud pit. How was your rides?

No wildlife sightings

Chirs
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

All good

Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    How were your rides?
    Chirs
    Rode all 3 days this weekend and ended up wet and cold each ride - but had fun each time!
    Friday - Short solo ride on the CX bike - 13th Street to Bogus Basin Road to Cartwright Road to Dry Creek Road to Seaman's Gulch to Hill Rd and back to 13th Street. Lots 'o mud on Dry Creek road. Almost bald 700x32 CX tires don't provide much, if any, traction in the mud!

Saturday - Owyhees. Good group, good times. A little wet and cold at the end (well, a lot wet and cold), but it was worth it. I had to literally eat my words about riding on muddy trails, but when it starts raining and you're in the middle of nowhere and the only way to get back to the car is to ride back, what do you do?

Sunday - home to Hilltop and back on the CX bike (currently doubling as my roadie, since the road bike is not yet put back together). Got caught in the sleet and rain on the way home, but again, well worth it.

Hoping to get some lights this week and start night riding, trail conditions permitting.
    Last edited by Earthpig; 11-01-2004 at 10:32 AM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Lactic acid hell

As per a trainer's recommendataion, I did a lactic acid threshold test on Sunday.

Pumped up the tires to 50 lbs, strapped on the wifey's heartrate monitor, rolled down to the Greenbelt, pointed it east and rode like hell for 30 minutes. It was a harder ride than any trail gridder I've even been on. As hard as I rode I could not get the heartrate above 160.

Made me realize how much I'm not a roady and how much I'm going to miss the trails if the mud season is a challenging as this one is shaping up to be.

Saturday I took the pooch out for a trail run in the light rain which was nice because I haven't been running much since last winter. I saw fresh cougar tracks on Bob's trail - I think it's stalking the sheep that are up there now.

I wanted to finish Phase 1 of of the SS conversion but it'll have to wait until Wednesday when the 4-arm chainring is supposed to be delivered.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

Darn...

I ran all weekend but was able to get a quick dirt short dirt ride in late afternoon yesterday. Trails were nice and tacky... Today looks awesome. I think I'll be out there around 3pm if anyone is interested...
    Earthpig- Check out the Lumes for lights. They make a great HID system.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Made me realize how much I'm not a roady and how much I'm going to miss the trails if the mud season is a challenging as this one is shaping up to be.

I wanted to finish Phase 1 of of the SS conversion but it'll have to wait until Wednesday when the 4-arm chainring is supposed to be delivered.
    Twisted - I didn't begin to enjoy road riding until I bought a road bike and made myself get out and do it. I find that I'm way more tired after a 2 hour road ride than I am after a 2 hour mountain bike ride. Stick with it - it's a great way to build your endurance and hone your spinning motion.

Let me know when you get the SS up and running and we'll get Belay and CBro and help you break that bad boy in. Looking dry Thursday - Sunday, so the trails should be in fantastic shape this whole weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Road Ride on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    Had a good ride on sunday out in the owyhees, I was not sure what it was going to be like out there, since it had rained out there this week. It ended up being super tacky and I had a lot of fun, the was one short section where the horses had pounded the trail and I had to walk around that section, because it was like a mud pit. How was your rides?

No wildlife sightings

Chirs
    Took off from Boise and Apple down Parkcenter to Hill Road to Gary Lane, then crossed over Glenwood and got on the Greenbelt from there east back to Myrtle and back home.
    Decent little spin. It started raining and slight hail exactly as I returned home!

I was going to go to the Owhyees too, but chose road, I have to spend a lot of time looking for work, so a good road ride is the most convenient right now
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music