Gonna be in Phoenix and Vega$ this weekend (no bike content)- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

Gonna be in Phoenix and Vega$ this weekend (no bike content)

And after seeing a whole lotta threads on SoMo, McDowell, Bootleg, Cottonwood, etc ..... man I sure wish the Yeti was coming with me.

If I'm lucky, I may try to get in a hike at SoMo, but that's it.

Hopefully I can win $$$ at the slots and get some gas money for this summer.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    rent a bike and ride Bootleg.

King of the Barneys
    A big bike. Cottonwood, though is all xc or SS friendly, and there's an old race course there that's fun. We did a day there in 2000. Watch for cacti...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    I live in downtown Phoenix now. Give me a ring for lunch, etc. Doug (602) 320-9754.

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    If you want a bike, you can rent a bike in Bootleg from All Mountain Cyclery. Then when you come down here in Phoenix, hit up Cactus Bike. They both have big bikes to rent so you can fit in shuttling both on SoMo, and Bootleg. Only key advice is don't rent the Demo from All Mountain Cyclery- POS. If you do rent, and want to know where to ride, send me a PM.
    '06 Specialized Demo 8 II * '10 Specialized Pitch Pro * '09 Haro Steel Reserve * '70's Guerciotti SS

Hi!!!
    I didn't have net access all weekend....but thanks Doug and mtnbykr06.

Doug when did you move from the 2C?????

I've got family and friends down there and was actually born in Phoenix. We actually use to live in the area of Dobbins before we moved up here. Damn Dobbins ain't far from SoMo!!!

Speaking of.....

A family member who is a hardcore rider (he rides with the guy that apparently invented the Ronnie Ring) took me up SoMo via Central and we went up to the antennas and I think the Buena Vista parking lot where National starts.

WOW!!!!

He was showing me all the stuff they rode. I've seen plenty of pix over in the AZ forum, but to actually see it in person just blew my mind. That stuff looks like sooooo much fun!!!

Saturday morning I went to a trailhead off of 48th and Baseline and the parking lot was packed. Wished I woulda been hydrated and had alot more time to head up the mountain for a hike.

I remember back in '91...alot of Baseline was either depressed areas or ag land. Now really nice developments are popping up all over that corridor. Traffic sucked. Used Southern instead to get back to Tempe.

Still debating on whether I could live there or no.

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    If I had the choice, I wouldn't live here because of its massive size. I loved Boise- perfect size.
    '06 Specialized Demo 8 II * '10 Specialized Pitch Pro * '09 Haro Steel Reserve * '70's Guerciotti SS

Members who have read this thread: 0