Geeeerr- Mtbr.com

Thread: Geeeerr

blet drive

Upset Geeeerr

so twice in a weeks time i ahave been climing up a long hill and here come the 2 { georges boys} on there singel speeds in an atempt to run me off the trail. after passing the first one yells back oops i didnt see you there.. weres the trail police when you need then {like flipnidaho} ok so some one hellp me out. the person climbing has the right of way correct? well for there sake thats a crappy way to represnt there shop or locial byunig place.. net time its on.
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    join the 98%, do drugs and it won't bother you.
    If you do something often enough it tends to define you.

mtnjam
    nothing new in the foothills...it's been going on for years

Next time just take up the entire trail and they'll have to stop. Wider handlebars and bar ends will stop them next time.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    nothing new in the foothills...it's been going on for years

Next time just take up the entire trail and they'll have to stop. Wider handlebars and bar ends will stop them next time.
    Agree with Ryman, almost have to pretend you don't see them. And I believe that George's may actually sell jerseys so it may not actually be team riders.

Welcome to the Foothills! Ride the skillz park instead....

Jul 2006
    It may have been George's jerseys or even team members, but I would bet a sixer that it wasn't an employee. If it was a mechanic I'll beat a twelve pack out of them for you!

blet drive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Agree with Ryman, almost have to pretend you don't see them. And I believe that George's may actually sell jerseys so it may not actually be team riders.

poor rep for the shop then and the skills park is dope but needed the miles.

blet drive
    Quote Originally Posted by butryon
    join the 98%, do drugs and it won't bother you.
    nope no dope or crack for me just adrenalin junky.

mtbr member
    Yes, climbers have the right of way (unless it is a hiker, runner or equestrian coming down). Was one on a white Bianchi SS and another on a white Surly? I think I've seen them before out there but they have always been cool. The trick to climbing and not being run off is to be good at playing chicken. What I do is I throw both elbows out, look them in the eye, get off the saddle, accelerate, and make no attempt to move over... It works most of the time.

aaarrrggghh!

Skillz Park?

Where?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sep 2007

Skills

Skills park you say, where's it at?

I'm starting to think FR and Skillz is code for some larry Craig "Naughty Boy" behavior.
    Attachment 296067
    Last edited by Royal; 04-27-2008 at 03:39 PM.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    Where?
    Double H threw some redwood and deck screws my way from the deck he took down. Where the pumptrack was, I have started a little wooden area now. If anyone's interested in checking it out, let me know.

Featuring junglekid5 (black helmet) and d'king (skate lid) http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84519809&hl=en

cp

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal
    Skills park you say, where's it at?

I'm starting to think FR and Skillz is code for some larry Craig "Naughty Boy" behavior.
    I sure hope not, at least not at my house. I do have a wide stance though..

blet drive
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Yes, climbers have the right of way (unless it is a hiker, runner or equestrian coming down). Was one on a white Bianchi SS and another on a white Surly? I think I've seen them before out there but they have always been cool. The trick to climbing and not being run off is to be good at playing chicken. What I do is I throw both elbows out, look them in the eye, get off the saddle, accelerate, and make no attempt to move over... It works most of the time.
    i will try that flip

blet drive
    bombin4x how do i get that vid in my myspace?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I played chicken once with some yahoo bombing down hulls on a Raleigh without a helmet. I braced for impact as he clamped his rear brake and started a-fishtailin'. The look of panic on his face was priceless. He skidded to a halt and bumped into my front tire and almost tipped over into the creek bed. I smiled at him and said "I'd recommend a helmet bubba". His reply way "y-y-yeah maybe".

aaarrrggghh!

I'm going to regret this but here goes.......

Double H threw some redwood and deck screws my way from the deck he took down. Where the pumptrack was, I have started a little wooden area now. If anyone's interested in checking it out, let me know.

Featuring junglekid5 (black helmet) and d'king (skate lid) http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84519809&hl=en

cp
    Craig,

While I think its great that you have a skillz park in your back yard I can't help but wonder why these things aren't being built in a more community friendly area like the Bogus Project. So many times I hear about our lines not being friendly enough for the beginner/intermediate rider, yet those folks haven't shown up yet to help construct new lines on our trail for this skill set. I've invited people to come on up an get started but no one has bothered to do so. I said I'd help now that the upper level trail is nearly completed but still to no avail. THIS FRIDAY AFTERNOON SMILEYCOOK AND I ARE GOING TO FLAG OUT NEW LINES ON THE TRAIL FOR BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE LEVEL RIDERS. PLEASE COME ON OUT AND LETS GET THIS SUPPOSED COMMUNITY OFF THE GROUND.

Rant over,

Ian

ps - I really do like what you've done. It looks better than most of the work we have done up at Bogus. I wish you'd come on up and lend your ideas and skill at building.

just a man

No regrets, appreciate your thoughts!

I totally understand where you're coming from. The few times I've been able to make it up to help out, I was stoked to put some sweat and blood into the Bogus project. I want to help with those other lines, time is just scarce for me right now.

This project in my backyard was built for the same reason as the pumptrack last year, and that's so I could "get some riding in" and not be away from my family all the time. I spent an inordinate amount of time away last year from the ones that matter most to me - my family (1 wife, 3 little kids, 2 dogs). I also built it so folks could come over and ride, bbq, get to know each other. My kids dig learning to ride the stunts CBro gave me and that gives me a lot of satisfaction. It also is my practice area so I can get better at riding the stuff up at Bogus and it can be ridden year-round. Watching you, Doug, Lonne, Jason, and Daryl up there motivates me to be a better rider, and this is my training ground.

I'm currently making a career transition and that's changing my schedule for being available to come up there and pitch in right now. I DO want to help with the beginner and intermediate lines, I assure you.

My offer is open to anyone who wants to come out yonder to SW Boise and practice with us in the meanwhile..

Thanks for airing it out, it's appreciated and all the effort you've put into the Bogus Project.

cp

energy
    That is soooo sweet, CP! You and DK and your other buddies are quite cool at maneuvering those turns. And love the hinged teeter! Will you be adding more?

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by FBkrISOu
    That is soooo sweet, CP! You and DK and your other buddies are quite cool at maneuvering those turns. And love the hinged teeter! Will you be adding more?
    Yes, 2-3 more lines. And that hinged teeter will become a 3-teeter with a 2X4 addition soon. Thanks.

blet drive

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    Craig,

While I think its great that you have a skillz park in your back yard I can't help but wonder why these things aren't being built in a more community friendly area like the Bogus Project. So many times I hear about our lines not being friendly enough for the beginner/intermediate rider, yet those folks haven't shown up yet to help construct new lines on our trail for this skill set. I've invited people to come on up an get started but no one has bothered to do so. I said I'd help now that the upper level trail is nearly completed but still to no avail. THIS FRIDAY AFTERNOON SMILEYCOOK AND I ARE GOING TO FLAG OUT NEW LINES ON THE TRAIL FOR BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE LEVEL RIDERS. PLEASE COME ON OUT AND LETS GET THIS SUPPOSED COMMUNITY OFF THE GROUND.

Rant over,

Ian

ps - I really do like what you've done. It looks better than most of the work we have done up at Bogus. I wish you'd come on up and lend your ideas and skill at building.
    im with bomin4x on this one some times you have to make what you have around the house work so you can spend time with the fam . and if the wife needs you rightaway your are there to help.. but good work ian we all respect it.. and thanks

mtbr member
    I think your skilz park matches the new NATTY cans swimmingly!!!

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by k2cruiser72
    I think your skilz park matches the new NATTY cans swimmingly!!!
    Thanks neighbor, come on over for a change and bring some.

Oh and how about answering my emails and voicemails for a change, ya kookball!!!!

mtbr member
    namecaller

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Didn't anyone read the memo? "You're Own Private Idaho" was just a song.

Sheesh. Pretty soon people will be living in prefab communities with remote-control gates, driving their cars into their homes with doors that open at the push of a button, not using their front doors, having parks in the backyard are protected by 6 foot tall fences, have ornamental parkways in the front yard with water-guzzling green grass, not going to movies because there's a theater in the home already, and not going out to dinner because some schlep can drive it to your home.

Um. I guess they already brought them here...

Sheesh. No wonders kids are toting guns to school and religeous zealots are setting themselves on fire.

At least here in Atlanta we got hoods. Greetings from the old south.

just a man
    LIke I said, come on over and ride. The invitation is open even to those of you abounding with voices a plenty in your head. If you're not too scared.

mtbr member
    i wanna come play! great playground you have there. can jackstraw and i come ride sometime?

i probably couldn't ride half of it but it sure looks like fun. how old are your kiddos craig? my son eli is 12 and would love to try your stunts and hang out, especially if it isn't just boring grown-ups. (heck, sometimes grown-ups bore me too...)
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

sharing the love
    I am SO surprised that no one started a flame war over the fact that the OP mentioned team jerseys AND single speeds.

I have stood my ground on a climb many times and forced the DHer to run off the trail, sometimes crashing. I get a chuckle out of it every time. Dumba**es!
    "Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells

just a man

come on down

Quote Originally Posted by MTNgirl
    i wanna come play! great playground you have there. can jackstraw and i come ride sometime?

i probably couldn't ride half of it but it sure looks like fun. how old are your kiddos craig? my son eli is 12 and would love to try your stunts and hang out, especially if it isn't just boring grown-ups. (heck, sometimes grown-ups bore me too...)
    Absolutely. Bring 'em both. Kids are 10,7, and 5. The 7(boy) & 5(girl) are more into it than big brother is. Bring pads. And I can spark up the bbq again too. We're all a bunch of spazzes so nobody gets bored.

We're going to session it on Sat at 9:30 am. Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a waiver and directions to my own private little compound/doublewide trailer lot..

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Twisted Crank you are a funny guy. We are making life so convenient that you don't have to know the community in which you live, it takes to much time.
    If you do something often enough it tends to define you.

blet drive

wahoo

had a nice and quite ride this morning.. so stoked

Members who have read this thread: 0