A friday ride- Mtbr.com

Thread: A friday ride

mtbr member
    May 2004

A friday ride

I decided I wanted to be like Flip, so asked for a day off today but there's only one flip!
    anyhoo, Nels and I rode up Bogus Basin Road up Corrals, up Scotts, up 8th Street and Hulls Ridge, down Five Mile Creek (no dead bodies, no weird karma, no yellow tape near the bottom either). Back up 3 bears and down Shanes, Buck Tails.

Nels is riding strong and fast.

First time I road 5 Mile Creek, pretty fun stuff, lots o' baby heads to keep one on ones toes. Nice day.

Thanks Nels!

Hi!!!
    Are you gonna ride with the Custom Cycles crew this weekend?

I had an OK Greenbelt ride this evening. 22'ish miles. I think half of those were with an out-of-true rear wheel though (which I didn't discover until I got done) . Time to start looking at prodealing a new wheelset. Damn cracks and bumps on the Greenbelt .

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I dunno, I told another buddy of mine we'd do the theatre of pain on road bikes on Sunday.
    But those guys are prolly doing eastside on Sunday.

I think going west toward G. City is pretty bad, but going east is to lucky peak is pretty good. Can't you just have someone true your wheels for you?

cya

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I dunno, I told another buddy of mine we'd do the theatre of pain on road bikes on Sunday.
    But those guys are prolly doing eastside on Sunday.

I think going west toward G. City is pretty bad, but going east is to lucky peak is pretty good. Can't you just have someone true your wheels for you?

cya

Can't say much about the G. City greenbelt, but the Lucky Peak stretch from the mesa to the diversion dam is BAD! I ride the stretch from Warm Springs Golf course to Eckert road when I go to work, and it drives me nuts the constant beating I get.
    Ride the bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0