Freeride scene in Ketchum?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Freeride scene in Ketchum?

I'm in ketchum for the next 3 days and curious if there are any freeride trails near? Do they do any lift runs at the local ski areas?

Eric

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidlogic4life
    I'm in ketchum for the next 3 days and curious if there are any freeride trails near?
    Freewhat?

Do they do any lift runs at the local ski areas?
    Baldy won't run lifts until the 4th of July weekend or thereabouts. The two main trails coming off the top are Cold Springs and Warm Springs. I like it, but if you want jumping and stunts and that kind of shiznit...that ain't the place. Both trails are smooth, swoopy singletrack.

EDIT

http://www.bwbt.org/ will give you current trail conditions in the area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidlogic4life
    I'm in ketchum for the next 3 days and curious if there are any freeride trails near? Do they do any lift runs at the local ski areas?

Eric
    Yeah.......no freeride that I am aware of in Ketchum.......lots of buff XC stuff, but freeride is non-existent. If you are looking for freeride in the area, either try Bogus Basin (Bogus has been nice enough to give us permission to build up there and we are in the process of making some great stuff) or Tamarack is doing a lot of good stuff too.

Members who have read this thread: 0