Free Ride Structure Removal- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Bonking ... not feelin' well Free Ride Structure Removal

A group will be meeting at Basin Basin at 11am on Sunday September 24th to remove the abandoned Free Ride stunts built about 5 years ago justr off Crash Trail. We will also be removing the bridge at the intersection of East Side and Sinker. It would be nice to have the participation and support of the free rid community for this project. This is an opportunity to show the FS and R2R we can all work together.

These Stunts are no longer in use.

Time permiting we will also be removing any additional structures on FS property and delivering the material to Bogus for instalation on the free ride stunts currnetly under construction.

If you choose to participate bring hammers, nail pullers, bob trailers, and large back packs to remove the debri.

mtnjam
    Dan, thanks for the heads up about the project

Is there potential for the log that leads up to the old bridge to be shaved down for a log ride again to remove some of the rotten parts or is that not even an option...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    All things in the past aside, I really do wish everyone would help.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

just a man
    I'll be busy visiting Toiletsnake's house of worship at 11am . I can bring a sack of cash from the offering plate though, we can go buy us some bike mech tools and a big bag of jawbreakers.

Then the goal is to drag my offspring (I'm a breeder of course) up to hammer and saw some stunts with the 'Hucksters up at Bogus. That is, IF I have enough gasoline to drive my F650 dually up to the top with all my Republican Inversion friends in tote.

Jan 2005
    I will check and see if I can make it. Betwen school and work, it seems like there's never enough time to actually get out and ride except for races anymore...

mtbr member
    bummin4eyes

why dont you just stay at home saturday and find a webboard that wants to listen to you shoot your mouth off about some jesus speak and stigmata. (not this one, it's for mountain biking, remember?) in addition use the rest of that pent up energy on polishing your F650 or your helmet. you might even learn something about yourself

smooches
    Act like I'm hate of the Haitian from Hateville

aaarrrggghh!

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by dmeek
    It would be nice to have the participation and support of the free rid community for this project. This is an opportunity to show the FS and R2R we can all work together.
    Not gonna do it. I'll be too busy creating stunts this weekend, not tearing them out. I've had all the heartbreaking-stunt tearing out-freeride trail hating I can handle this year, thank you very much.

Oh, and solidarity? Not on this project, not on your life. We are solid in building, not destroying.

just a man

Dingle to the rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    bummin4eyes

why dont you just stay at home saturday and find a webboard that wants to listen to you shoot your mouth off about some jesus speak and stigmata. (not this one, it's for mountain biking, remember?) in addition use the rest of that pent up energy on polishing your F650 or your helmet. you might even learn something about yourself

smooches
    Well aren't you two just peas in a pod! Some day I'll ride with you two and you'll understand my sarcasm and we'll have a good old time. Come on over to the pumptrack and let's have some fun, those that know me will attest there'll be no thumping with a King Jimmy.

XXOO right back atcha big guy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Well aren't you two just peas in a pod! Some day I'll ride with you two and you'll understand my sarcasm and we'll have a good old time. Come on over to the pumptrack and let's have some fun, those that know me will attest there'll be no thumping with a King Jimmy.

XXOO right back atcha big guy

you're right I don't understand your sarcasm. I'll need a bible or golden tablet to decode it, but until then you and your boyfriends can have your humptrack.

btw thanx for calling me big, you know you want some

just a man
    you're right I don't understand your sarcasm. I'll need a bible or golden tablet to decode it, but until then you and your boyfriends can have your humptrack.

Too funny. I'd never actually call lv2ride, Crash_Burn, Del Taco, CBro, or Earthpig my "boyfriends" but I'll check in with them to see what they think and we'll go from there. Glad you're amongst Boise's pseudotolerant, Doug, way to reprezent . Sorry I missed the sale last night.

Hoops - Big and Small
    I thought the sale is tonight - Did I miss it?

DMEEK - Sorry for particating in this Hijack, See you tonight

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    I thought the sale is tonight - Did I miss it?

DMEEK - Sorry for particating in this Hijack, See you tonight
    Hmm, I might stand corrected C_B. Yes I too am sorry DMeek, didn't mean to get anybody's panties all bunched up, was just having a little fun, no harm was intended.

Jul 2006

Thanks for the responses

Some of the responses I could not understand but that's what happens when you get old and senile.

Ian if we have any good lumber we will bring it up to you.

I want to thank everyone for not giving me to much sh?? about doing this. I expected much more and would have understood.

I will have Beer and maybe some maps that are partially finished to those who help.

mtbr platinum member

What are you like 12? Bombin4x is one of the nicest people you'll every run across. Meanwhile, you come across as a complete @ss! Isn't school back in session? Run along.
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

mtbr member
    dmeek sorry for hijacking your post.... and thanx for all the trails on the mtn. my hat's off to you. I concur w/ Ivan, I cant knowingly take down trail. it goes against my inner being.

also, dudes should continue venting their frustrations because "days of our lives" would be boring w/o all the drama. bombin is proally a good guy but that doesnt mean that I should hold back. same w/ the rest of the posts on this board. this board can be lamer than tea and crumpets sometimes and I like to dress it up. I refuse to participate in the beauty pageant positivity and buddy contest handjobs when there are real topics worth mentioning.

for instance. I spent 7 hours up on bogus, then out connie, riding the new transition covert w/ a rockshox lyric today all this while all ya'll were up in your cubes. I pretty much want one. check it

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Covert.cfm

just a man

Hopefully a truce

Dingle - I'm ok with addressing real topics, all you gotta do is bring them up, preferably offline. I'm interested in hearing why you guys have a real axe to grind with "religious folks" or whatever it is that you dislike. For all I know you're 100% right on based on your experiences with some folks out there. My tongue-in-cheek post with reference to TS' the other day on the other thread was to show him that I don't take myself too seriously, and that I thought some of his post was pretty funny. I stick to MTB on this board only until someone wants to start a little hatefit. Then I try to use humor to combat the hate. That approach failed miserably with you, I'm sorry. You don't have to like me, but you don't even know me man. I don't dislike you nor TS. How could I?! I've only seen you guys at the store and maybe talked with you on the phone a few times.

I've been told you and TS are pretty cool guys. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd like to get to know you guys someday as mtb'ers, no agendas. I'll even buy the first round if you let me.

-bummin'

Jan 2005
    Damn internet forums are awesome for arguing over... You guys would not have believed pinkbike...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Was it a lyric u-turn? How did it ride?
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtnjam

for instance. I spent 7 hours up on bogus, then out connie, riding the new transition covert w/ a rockshox lyric today all this while all ya'll were up in your cubes. I pretty much want one. check it

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Covert.cfm
    how'd you end up getting to ride the new Covert? How'd it ride?

Hoops - Big and Small

Dingle Is a Bike Pimp?

I spent 7 hours up on bogus, then out connie, riding the new transition covert w/ a rockshox lyric today all this while all ya'll were up in your cubes. I pretty much want one. check it
    Bragging about not being in a cube, hmmm - life must be so good for you that you need to come on an internet chat forum to tells us all how good your life is.

You are a Soap Opera.

How about a write up on what you like about the Covert and what you DON'T?

or do you group hand job into bliss and forget what happened on the bike.

I'am thinkin the EVO might have a leg up on the Covert - Covert looks like a light weight bike - 25 inch TT on the large, sounds like an XC bike. Did you ride the Codes also?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    the covert rode extremely well w/ the uturn lyric. it was 115-160mm w/ a lockout and a swinger 4way in the rear. I didnt get them dialed but the bike generally did what it was supposed to. being 6'4" makes for difficulty finding frames to fit properly. Kevin @ transition built this one for himself and we just happen to be the same height. I may have 15lbs on him so I just added a few lbs to the swinger and went after it. The Covert is designed as an all mountain rig that is lighter and less agressive than the preston. I would say that they nailed it. it was light for me at about ~33-35lbs w/ X7 and juicy 5's so it was easy to flick and a breeze to climb w/. top tube is long but I like short stems around 70mm so that slows down the steering just right. definitely pedaled well all day and way cheaper than an intense and burlier than your big production bikes. I'll gladly throw money at the Transition guys any day of the week for their fine products. All of the new designs are up on their site as of now and they are demoing/testing their new stuff en route to interbike.

http://www.transitionbikes.com/

Jan 2005
    Hey what's your real name? I think I may know you...

aaarrrggghh!
    the covert rode extremely well w/ the uturn lyric. it was 115-160mm w/ a lockout and a swinger 4way in the rear. I didnt get them dialed but the bike generally did what it was supposed to. being 6'4" makes for difficulty finding frames to fit properly. Kevin @ transition built this one for himself and we just happen to be the same height. I may have 15lbs on him so I just added a few lbs to the swinger and went after it. The Covert is designed as an all mountain rig that is lighter and less agressive than the preston. I would say that they nailed it. it was light for me at about ~33-35lbs w/ X7 and juicy 5's so it was easy to flick and a breeze to climb w/. top tube is long but I like short stems around 70mm so that slows down the steering just right. definitely pedaled well all day and way cheaper than an intense and burlier than your big production bikes. I'll gladly throw money at the Transition guys any day of the week for their fine products. All of the new designs are up on their site as of now and they are demoing/testing their new stuff en route to interbike.

http://www.transitionbikes.com/
    Dingle,

Elaborate a little, send me a writeup, and when we get the pics from Wyld Willy we'll put up the preliminary review on Spudhucksters.com you big effen hater.

Ivan

Members who have read this thread: 0