Free Dental Work ... Rock Island Style- Mtbr.com
    mortman
    Aug 2006

Free Dental Work ... Rock Island Style

I almost involuntarily had some free dental work done on Rock Island Tuesday evening.

I was on the last bigger obstacle before the roller coaster obstacle on the upper half. There is a lower "safe" route, or a route that goes up to the left and then drops and chunks you back toward the lower line. I rolled up and over the left line when my front tire dropped into the first pit I hit a rock and endoed looking face first into a large rock. I smashed my handel bars into the rock and somehow got my arms out in front of my face and saved the oral surgery.

Got some rash on my arms from hugging the rock and some more on my right thigh. I bruised my right elbow on the rock offering the dental work, but walked away. Bike made it out good except for a cycle computer that got smashed and rippped off the bike.

I wish I had some video of it because I am sure it was P-E-R-T-Y!

Now I am left wondering, how will I get through there next time? More practice, I am sure.
    ride to work, work to live, live to ride.

mtbr member
    full face and some armor = confidence... glad you prevented a decomposed granite facial...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    See? Another great post about trail-imposed boo boos. I told you that this forum was good for something!

I have nostril zit that hurts a lot and my gout is downright excruciating these days. Anbesol, take me away!

Members who have read this thread: 0