Fox, once again, blows donkey d!ck- Mtbr.com
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Fox, once again, blows donkey d!ck

Still waiting for my shock back from Fox, now going on 2 weeks. The new X5 is sitting in the garage, collecting dust. When I called Fox about sending the shock back, I told them that this is 3rd Fox product I've owned that had to be sent back for warranty work within the first 2 weeks. Based on that, they promised 2 day turnaround on the repair, and 2 day shipping back to me. But, what really happened is the shock sat for 2 days at Fox before even getting routed to the service department (the beauty of tracking numbers - I know the date and time they received the shock). When I called 2 days ago, a VERY petulant and rude service rep told me that all he knew was that the shock was "in the service department" and that "they are very busy," so he couldn't/wouldn't even fathom a guess as to when I'd get it back. Why am I not surprised that their service department is slammed? Could it be that their QC is total [email protected] and they make a sh!tty product??!?! More than likely.

Why, oh why, did I not opt for the Romic coil!?!?! F#ck Fox and their sh!tty customer service. Never, ever again will I purchase another Fox product!!!!!!

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Still waiting for my shock back from Fox, now going on 2 weeks. The new X5 is sitting in the garage, collecting dust. When I called Fox about sending the shock back, I told them that this is 3rd Fox product I've owned that had to be sent back for warranty work within the first 2 weeks. Based on that, they promised 2 day turnaround on the repair, and 2 day shipping back to me. But, what really happened is the shock sat for 2 days at Fox before even getting routed to the service department (the beauty of tracking numbers - I know the date and time they received the shock). When I called 2 days ago, a VERY petulant and rude service rep told me that all he knew was that the shock was "in the service department" and that "they are very busy," so he couldn't/wouldn't even fathom a guess as to when I'd get it back. Why am I not surprised that their service department is slammed? Could it be that their QC is total [email protected] and they make a sh!tty product??!?! More than likely.

Why, oh why, did I not opt for the Romic coil!?!?! F#ck Fox and their sh!tty customer service. Never, ever again will I purchase another Fox product!!!!!!
    That sucks.....I may never buy Fox either. As I mentioned in my email to you, if my Romic does not sell on ebay, I can send it to you as a loaner. I love the Romic....I have had zero problems with it from day one. I know others have but I just dig it. I replaced it with a longer stroke Romic cause I like Romics so much......only reason I am selling it is because I simply do not need it.

mtbr member
    May 2004

That Sucks Geoff

I'm sorry to hear you're having so many problems with that component, and on a brand new bike. Fox "should" send you back 2 shocks for all your problems, or at least contract outsource with a company like PUSH, to get you done and keep good customer relations.

If this quality issue is broader, it would be nice to see an alternative to their monopoly - so many people who purchase bikes from shops have to take a fox shock because that's all their spec'd with! Maybe SRAM/RockShox can come back stronger and give them some competiition.

Anyway, I hope you get it back soon, and F_K their S_T customer service
    Who do their reps think they are. They must have it easy or not have it "ingrained" in them by Fox mgmt that customer service is key. Most CSR jobs are much more demanding.

By the way, I just bought a RM Slayer from Bobs and hated it so much I am selling it now.
    It was a big mistake and Bob's convenienty wrote "No Refunds" on my ticket.

I am entitled to my opionion and will NEVER walk into that shop again or support them again.

Tracking up the place
    Earth pig.....Spend the dough and get er done by PUSH...Spend the extra money and it is warrantied.....
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Haroow
    Earth pig.....Spend the dough and get er done by PUSH...Spend the extra money and it is warrantied.....
    Yep, that's the next step.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Have about a 50% success rate with Fox warranty/service Dept

Hey Geoff,

I hear your frustration........Here's a quick rundown of the adventures I've had with the Fox warranty/service dept. Sent a Vanilla R into Fox with overnight shipping.....they sent it to the Darigold headquarters (in Boise) where it sat for half a week until I tracked it down. This was minor compared to a Float R from a pre swing link Racer X I sent in. They built a new one from scratch......fair price......but 1/4" longer than spec....wtf! Ended up buying a new shock from Titus. The last time was for Sue's Hammerhead....it was a 04 propedal Float that crapped out (lost it's rebound and was wheezing) in less than three months. The turn around time was good but the Fox warranty Dept sent a Vanilla R coil shock back instead....they finally tracked Sue's shock down more than a week later.

I send my Fox shocks to PUSH now for service work.......I'll let the warranty slide.
    Last edited by Markv; 04-05-2005 at 10:49 AM.

Salad Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroow
    Thats what I did the second time my enduro's shock blew up. The first time FOX took there sweet ass time with it, then charged me $200. Thankfully my local dealer had a loaner shock they gave me for the whole two weeks. When it finally showed up it still didn't work right, and quickly got worse. The second time I sent it to PUSH and for $150 and got it back in four days.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

The saga continues

Got the shock back from Fox on Monday and took the Ventana for a ride last night. They do seem to have fixed the issues I was having...but in the process, they screwed something else up. When I sent it back, it had the full range of rebound adjustment - 12 clicks on the dial. Now, it has 8 clicks, and even dialed all the way to the "slowest" rebound setting, the thing pogos like a SOB. Back to Fox she goes. PUSH would be nice, but until the Float is out of warranty, I'll send it back to Fox 20 times if I have to until they get it right. However, this time I won't be without the Ventana for 2 weeks - FoShizzle (who bought my singlespeed) sold me his slightly used Romic coil shock from his '04 Ventana X5. Not only is this shock coming off the same exact frame, but Fo and I are the same exact weight, and he's including a second spring as well. Before you guys start, I'm well aware that Romic has even MORE reliability issues than Fox, but at least now I have a backup shock for what an initial upgrade to a Romic would have cost me at the time of purchase. I see it as 2 shocks for the price of 1, and it gives me the freedom to send the Float back to Fox, over and over and over again, until they get it right.

Salad Days
    Got the shock back from Fox on Monday and took the Ventana for a ride last night. They do seem to have fixed the issues I was having...but in the process, they screwed something else up. When I sent it back, it had the full range of rebound adjustment - 12 clicks on the dial. Now, it has 8 clicks, and even dialed all the way to the "slowest" rebound setting, the thing pogos like a SOB. Back to Fox she goes. PUSH would be nice, but until the Float is out of warranty, I'll send it back to Fox 20 times if I have to until they get it right. However, this time I won't be without the Ventana for 2 weeks - FoShizzle (who bought my singlespeed) sold me his slightly used Romic coil shock from his '04 Ventana X5. Not only is this shock coming off the same exact frame, but Fo and I are the same exact weight, and he's including a second spring as well. Before you guys start, I'm well aware that Romic has even MORE reliability issues than Fox, but at least now I have a backup shock for what an initial upgrade to a Romic would have cost me at the time of purchase. I see it as 2 shocks for the price of 1, and it gives me the freedom to send the Float back to Fox, over and over and over again, until they get it right.
    Funny, thats what my shock did when I got it back from fox. . .

Hi!!!
    Did you happen to ride down Buck's last night? I thought it was maybe you. I was on my SS with a dark blue shirt and silver helmet.

Nick

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Yeah, that was me

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Did you happen to ride down Buck's last night? I thought it was maybe you. I was on my SS with a dark blue shirt and silver helmet.

Nick
    I thought that was probably you. I yelled your name after you passed, but you were hardcore gunnin' on your SS, so I figured you didn't hear me.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

2nd time for me

Quote Originally Posted by jparker164
    Funny, thats what my shock did when I got it back from fox. . .
    Yeah, this was the second time I've gotten a shock back from Fox with a different problem than I sent it away with. In 2003, I had to send back the Float RL shock that came on my then new Superlight b/c it leaked air like crazy. When I got it back, it held air fine, but the lockout didn't work. I didn't bother to send it back then, but I'm not letting Fox off the hook this time. Like I said, Fox is going to get that shock back every 2 weeks if need be.