Foothills?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Foothills?

mtbr member

Foothills?

What foothills? From my office at work downtown (about 2 miles from Camelsback), I only see haze. This is absolutely the worst I've ever seen it. Equal to any winter inversion... I haven't seen the Owyhees in what seems like a month either... I think it's time to head out of town this weekend to breathe some fresh air. Does anyone know when Tamarack closes?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    What foothills? From my office at work downtown (about 2 miles from Camelsback), I only see haze. This is absolutely the worst I've ever seen it. Equal to any winter inversion... I haven't seen the Owyhees in what seems like a month either... I think it's time to head out of town this weekend to breathe some fresh air. Does anyone know when Tamarack closes?
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing at lunch. I could barely make out the outline of the foothills when looking north from downtown. My office faces south, and the old train station is pretty hazy.

We need rain.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Hoops - Big and Small

Dirt T Air - Just Breath It!

Fresh air at Tamarack?

Unless you plan on riding waaaay behind your partner you will be breathing particulates, just not of the carcinogenic kind, there maybe some naturally occurring anthrax that wafts up from the trail though. Be very afraid

BTW I just smoked a pack of snigarillos commuting to work. cough cough
    Last edited by Crash_Burn; 09-06-2006 at 02:57 PM.

King of the Barneys
    I don't know when Tamarack closes, but I know this is the worst I ve seen in 17yrs living here. And I'm sitting here at my office with a smoke-induced headache, glad I got some riding in last night, and last night wasn't that great either. Go have fun out of town...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Suck it up, chimmychungas. I used to smoke Camel straights and this haze ain't nuthin compared to horking down those puppies.

Asides, if you get out of town you'll only find where the smoke is coming from and it be the forest on fire. So suck it up before the inversion arrives.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Aug 2004
    Driving over Horseshoe Bend Hill the smoke was really bad. Tamarack wasn't that bad on Monday though. Definately hazy and warm, but nothing like it was further south.

As an aside.....coincidentally Tam shut their lifts down after my ride due to lighting strikes on the other side of West Mountain. They were looking at running them again at 1pm pending the weather forecast, but when I left around that time, they had postponed it.

Gary....this smoke doesn't appear that bad compared to some of the stuff in the PI!!!

just a man
    Camel non-filters are for wussies.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    The smoke is natural......
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Camel non-filters are for wussies.
    Yeah but they're a ho lot smoother than Luckies.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Yeah but they're a ho lot smoother than Luckies.
    Good point, I won't argue that one with you..

"Glad to be back in helLA" is my motto with all this smoke/smog.

Members who have read this thread: 0