Flow trails at Silver Mountain- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Flow trails at Silver Mountain

We're looking to get away for a couple days over the September 23-26 weekend. Silver Mt is a reasonable drive, so I'm wondering if the trails are suitable to little kids. My son can handle the flowy/table top style stuff, as long there aren't any mandatory drops or gaps. Also, there is some sort of race/festival that weekend, how busy does it get?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    hard to say, i have always just ran the blacks and had fun. i would think you could take him and have fun. eventually all the trails end up at the same place and than you ride back into town and catch the gondola for another round. but you can skip the features if you like

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Good to know. I never road these trails or took them seriously, until I got him on them. I'd rather have him pedaling, but he was only 5 at the beginning of the season and he couldn't be expected to climb much. The flow trails and the lifts allowed him to do laps for 3-4 hours.
    I think we're going to big sky as long as the weather and smoke hold out. Silvers on the radar now though, so we'll make it up there eventually.
    On a side note, is there any dispersed camping up there? Big part of the reason we don't travel to other resorts is even camping/bike trips can get pricey. There's a lot of places we'd love to visit, but lodging is so expensive in these areas and the resort towns seem to of pushed the camping out of town as well. I'll get off my soap box now.

Don't worry, be happy!
    I would imagine there is tons of dispersed camping. The valley is surrounded by NF lands

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I was at Silver last weekend. Great trails, but they are blown out right now. They did have a race the weekend before, so that must have taken a toll on the trails. I would take the kids early in the season.

I stayed at the Wolf Lodge Campground. Close to CDA for food, but close enough to Silver to drive back and forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

All fat, all the time.
    The lack of rain definitely isn't helping anything either .

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve in CO View Post
    I was at Silver last weekend. Great trails, but they are blown out right now. They did have a race the weekend before, so that must have taken a toll on the trails. I would take the kids early in the season..
    We're you on the "flowy" trails or the dh trails. We would be sticking to flow style stuff. Thanx for the heads up.