First downhill route in Bozeman?- Mtbr.com
    jones'in

First downhill route in Bozeman?

This post is directed mostly at John and Greg. In this post, Greg mentions that John is working on the first downhill route in Bozeman on public land. I didn't want to hijack the other thread, so I started this one to get some more information and to offer my help.

I'd love to get involved in the planning and building of such a trail. So, can one of you guys shed further light on this comment and maybe let us know how to help out?

Thanks!!
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

HotHB
    Apr 2007
    I got some shovels and a pick axe...where do i sigh up?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

It's complicated

There is not much you can do right now. At least as far as the downhill trail. We are under a time crunch. John, Terry J,(GRR trails group), Jason E. (Gallatin Valley Downhill Assoc) and Ted L.(GVLT-GRR trails group) are to be scouting and flagging the downhill reroute in the elevator shaft area. They are also to scour the hill to the east of the Leverich hiking trail for a reroute of the section below the mine. This will be difficult and I too expect to be up there after work at least once this week. The hiking trail reroute will be built first and then the downhill trail. Downhill trail construction may begin this summer but we are not sure yet.

The details and motivation for this quick paced project are myriad and it would probably be better to call me or stop by for more details or to figure out the best way to help. 586-8357 eves. 221 N. Church.

Certainly we need to grow the mountain bike portion of the club and make it more active to better deal with these cool projects. We need active bikers to join and influence the club direction. This current F.S. action is the result of several years of trying to work with the Gallatin N.F. and this is the first significant payoff of those efforts. I am still pinching myself that this is actually happening.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I lived ther years and biked all over the area . I thought a good place to build your own trail would be Jackson Creek, Little Bear areas. places with roads and not the use of the more popular areas. As long as you keep it down low nobody will ever figure it out. So many stumps and debris to use. Would take a couple guys a couple days to get somthing going .

Members who have read this thread: 0