Fabulous Weekend in Stanley- Mtbr.com

Sep 2004

Fabulous Weekend in Stanley

My friend Bonnie visited Idaho for the first time this weekend. She says it's much more civilized than I had described...not sure what she means. Our weekend started out on Friday night with RRB & Flip's Clown Ride, accompanied by IrishBuddha and Deb, and some post-ride refreshments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sweetflowersister; 09-11-2006 at 08:20 AM.

Sep 2004
    Due to post-ride refreshments the night before, Bonnie and I got a late start to Stanley on Saturday and were forced to hike (as opposed to bike) in the drizzle when we got into town. So sad.
    Last edited by sweetflowersister; 09-10-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Sep 2004
    Early Sunday morning was foggy and cool, but the fog burned off and the temperature heated up perfectly. Bonnie rode Shasta, and I rode Disco, my new singlespeed.** We had a great ride on Fisher/Williams. Best of all NO SMOKE!!!!!!

**Disco is a family name. My brother had a couch named Disco.
    Last edited by sweetflowersister; 09-10-2006 at 07:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetflowersister
    Early Sunday morning was foggy and cool, but the fog burned off and the temperature heated up perfectly. Bonnie rode Shasta, and I rode Disco, my new singlespeed.** We had a great ride on Fisher/Williams. Best of all NO SMOKE!!!!!!

**Disco is a family name. My brother had a couch named Disco.
    That 21 cog sure is nice on that last few hundred yards up to the mine, wasn't it? Thanks for joining us on the clown ride! The more the merrier!

Aug 2004
    Awesome pix!

Man....SS'ing that last stretch to the top on the FW ride....you're a studette!!!

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    That 21 cog sure is nice on that last few hundred yards up to the mine, wasn't it? Thanks for joining us on the clown ride! The more the merrier!
    Could have used harder gearing up to that point. I memorized every rock on that road. But, less than half way up that hill, I was glad to have all 21, and it was still hard for me. Thanks for having us on the clown ride. It's nice to be had.

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Awesome pix!

Man....SS'ing that last stretch to the top on the FW ride....you're a studette!!!
    I had an encounter with a tree on the way down Williams. My bad shoulder is jacked, but my ribs are good...thought you'd like to know.

Aug 2004
    Did you run into a tree or was there one laying across the trail? I think when I rode it a couple of weeks ago it was smooth sailing on the way down. I do remember it does get pretty tight in spots...especially if you are use to riding down wide open terrain like what we have here. Heal up quick! Once this rib pain subsides, I may have to join y'all on another Clown Ride on the SS.

Hmmm.....SS'ing FW....may have to do that next year......

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Did you run into a tree or was there one laying across the trail? I think when I rode it a couple of weeks ago it was smooth sailing on the way down. I do remember it does get pretty tight in spots...especially if you are use to riding down wide open terrain like what we have here. Heal up quick! Once this rib pain subsides, I may have to join y'all on another Clown Ride on the SS.

Hmmm.....SS'ing FW....may have to do that next year......
    The trail was clear. I was up there the weekend before you, and there were at least 2 downed trees across the trail. I took one of the embankments on one of the corners too high and not sharp enough, smashed into a tree. Cute!

Next year? No time like the present!!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    nm12345
    Last edited by Earthpig; 09-11-2006 at 10:59 AM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    I had to walk that last 10 yards of the steep, rocky section.
    There was a steep rocky section? Huh. I must have missed that memo.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0