The end is near?- Mtbr.com
    Salad Days

The end is near?

Got snowed on today a little bit on our ride, and it was snowing pretty hard in the mountains last I saw them at dusk. How much longer do you think we get around here?
    Attached Images Attached Images

jones'in
    Awesome, where's that at? Bridgers?

Salad Days
    Maybe this will help:

Tracking up the place
    ew ew ew... Where is that at??? How long is the run? WoW
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

Dude...
    I think it's a little more than a downhill run.. Seems winter is upon us, well... you at least.

Salad Days
    probably is upon us, raining now and it's supposed to turn to snow today. The run goes from 8680' to somewhere around 5000'

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

the end is here

Another awesome ride by the Parker gang. Thanks. thanks for the pics. The end is here. Everywhere I turn there is another old ski buddy. Rifles get sighted in. Rummage through the packs looking for the orange vest. Get out the raggedy hunting stuff. Think about having a beer and take a shot of Jim Beam instead. Go to bed to rain, wake up to rain. Where John was yesterday is under 2 feet of snow now and it's still pouring in town. Pooder!

jones'in
    Looks like a fun ride. It also looks an awful lot like 'the ridge' @ BB. Assuming it is, can you ride that all the way down to the M, or maybe drop over into Sypes?

--Ben

edit: BTW, the precip has now turned to snow in town....at least out on S 19th.
    Last edited by venom600; 10-16-2006 at 03:10 PM.

Salad Days
    Quote Originally Posted by venom600
    Looks like a fun ride. It also looks an awful lot like 'the ridge' @ BB. Assuming it is, can you ride that all the way down to the M, or maybe drop over into Sypes?

--Ben
    We went up Sypes to Baldy then back down to the M. You can ride all the way down either one with the exception of a few spots, and depending on your skills. This is best way to get up and down from the top of the bridgers by bike we''ve found. There are some pretty bad ways to do it too.

Definately snowing outside now.

jones'in
    Aahh....cool, thanks for the clarification.

mtbr member
    Where is that trail? Id or MT?

Salad Days
    Quote Originally Posted by kanter
    Where is that trail? Id or MT?
    MT

May 2005
    I've always wanted to ride from the top of Baldy, but I'm never motivated enough to make it that far. But seeing as I am currently looking for a ski buddy for today, I'd say that the end is near.

mtbr member
    Yep, we leave for Tucson on Thursday (dad-in-law's wedding) and I expect ski season to be on when we get back.

I swapped over to studded tires for this morning's commute. It's also time to send the fork back to Fox for a rebuild.

Salad Days
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-T
    I swapped over to studded tires for this morning's commute. It's also time to send the fork back to Fox for a rebuild.
    I neglected to do the first and fell on my ass at 19th and Kagy this morning for the entertainment of the motorists.

I know it's pretty cliche around here, but Push industries does a much better job with a MUCH shorter turnaround then Fox in my experience. (not that you need it back any time soon) My experience is only with rear shocks, but I hear they are good at forx too.

Enjoy Tucson, I guess it's time to make a new rock-board soon. . .

mtnjam
    jparker. Great pics. Wife and I gotta get over to ski Bridger again this winter...you're a splitboarder right?

That trail looks like something my wife described that she rode back when she lived in Bozeman. Does Falcon guides still publish the Mtn Biking Bozeman book?

Where'd you get that cool 3D Topo map?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker164
    I neglected to do the first and fell on my ass at 19th and Kagy this morning for the entertainment of the motorists.

Yeah, it's always fun to entertain the motorists - don't feel too bad about it.

My best was a few months ago when I dropped my chain while sprinting across the intersection at Oak and 7th. Both feet slipped off the pedals, one hand slipped off the grip, and my crotch made a big impact with the top tube. Luckily I didn't go over the bars. Instead I did the "crotch ride with dragging feet option" for about 10 feet before a fairly smooth ditch-the-bike-and-break-into-a-run across Scrubby's Carwash lawn.

I probably would have wrecked my car laughing if I had seen it from the driver's seat.

Thank's for the PUSH tip, I'll check it out.

Members who have read this thread: 0