Election Eve Ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Election Eve Ride

So I went out after voting to celebrate doing my part to help turn Boise blue (as in Red, White and Blue) . Thanks to the Pineapple Express, nice warm air. I thought the season of wearing bike shorts was over......

Dork loop from 15th St. connector, trails are in GOOD condition, with just a few mud puddles, easily avoidable on the fwy, Kestral.

Hulls is in excellent condition. Only rant, had to go waay slower than I like cuz of traffic and anticipated traffic. Oh well.

Nice night for CB trails - not sure how Military reserve is, probably somewhat muddy

roar
    Just got back from mil reserve. Trails couldnt be better. What a stroke of luck for us! I was really surprised to not see more folks out. I put on the lights and wore just short sleeves and shorts. What a super night eh?
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I thought the season of wearing bike shorts was over......
    Daryl, please continue to wear pants.

Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just back from a quick night ride. I saw so many lights out there!!! Someone had a set of landing lights moving at mach 3 across Military. I think I saw a few walkers with lights, and at least 4 bikes.

I'm doing the tire switching game. Ride earlier in the day was crappy (I blamed it on the tires when it was really fitness and mental toughness, ha) so I "made up for it" with the night ride. Alas, the latest set of tires were horrible, too.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You must work at home! You're a freelance writer aren't you; or writer for the Statesman?

mtbr member
    May 2004

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbarbie
    What a super night eh?
    SJ,

awesome night. If I would have known I would have used the light I have on my bike and climbed back up and over to MR in the dark. Oh well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    You must work at home! You're a freelance writer aren't you; or writer for the Statesman?
    I was on staff at Thrive/Statesman a year or so ago. I am still a freelancer for two motorcycle magazines, but I have a day job. Like the other hundred or so hikers/bikers/outdoorspeople I saw today, I played hookie.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbarbie
    Just got back from mil reserve. Trails couldnt be better. What a stroke of luck for us! I was really surprised to not see more folks out. I put on the lights and wore just short sleeves and shorts. What a super night eh?
    Our Tues nt Barney ride from 430 to 6:00 was awesome. Slightly tacky trails, t-shirt weather, beatiful sunset. Cue the song, "Now that's the way we like it, uh huh..."

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Hi!!!
    We got a lil' bit of rain over at the store. I'm planning on running at MR tomorrow night. How are the sections in the Black Forest?
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

just a man

Sounds like a lot o fun..

..sorry I missed it. Did my part to help the red in that flag stay dominant big guy

mtbr member

dusting off the brain cells

doesn't the slogan go.... better dead than blue????
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

let freedom ring!

Tuesday Ride.

I went to Rock Island last night. It was great. The trail is in awesome shape. There was about four of us and we had alot of fun. I rode more stuff last night than I ever had. I think their are only about three maybe four rocks I haven't made yet. Most of it both ways also. I am having a blast with that trail. I have been trying to put brush on the trails that have been forming around the obstacles its a habit I picked up one day while ridin Rock Island. A few weeks ago someone was up doing trail maintenance on it and I stopped to help them move some rocks in the way of the excess trails that are forming. But anyways, I love that trail and am doing what I can to help keep it.
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

aaarrrggghh!

Your Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Get Lost
    I went to Rock Island last night. It was great. The trail is in awesome shape. There was about four of us and we had alot of fun. I rode more stuff last night than I ever had. I think their are only about three maybe four rocks I haven't made yet. Most of it both ways also. I am having a blast with that trail. I have been trying to put brush on the trails that have been forming around the obstacles its a habit I picked up one day while ridin Rock Island. A few weeks ago someone was up doing trail maintenance on it and I stopped to help them move some rocks in the way of the excess trails that are forming. But anyways, I love that trail and am doing what I can to help keep it.

Thanks for helping to keep the trail as single as possible.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by danK
    Like the other hundred or so hikers/bikers/outdoorspeople I saw today, I played hookie.
    I love it. I played hookie to ride Monday afternoon, and I ran into PILTDOWN who was doing the same thing. I hate this time of year. Pray for sun!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    cool, used to love reading motorcylist magazine I think it was - the article on the early Honda Hurricanes (now CBR's) by Nick Ienastch I think it was, who used to write for them, is one thing that got me wanting and eventually was able to somehow get, my first one, which sucked with CA. emissions restrictions and what not and was a bad, detuned year! Oh well........

Members who have read this thread: 0