devils slide- Mtbr.com

Thread: devils slide

blet drive

devils slide

devils slide how do i get there and is it worth riding..??
    and is there any good riding in idaho city??
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Go down trail 4, no and no.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    My favorite way to reach Devil's Slide is to climb Trail 5 - accessible near Mil. Res. Stay to the left at every trail junction, and you'll end up at the top of Sidewinder after coming down Devil's Slide.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Boise
    It's just a rocky section of 4....more loose than rocky.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

????

Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    My favorite way to reach Devil's Slide is to climb Trail 5 - accessible near Mil. Res. Stay to the left at every trail junction, and you'll end up at the top of Sidewinder after coming down Devil's Slide.
    5 then left onto 6 then onto 4 puts you below what I always thought was the Slide.

Anyways, #4 is super loose right now. Lots of sand. I mean lots!!! The two "nasty" sections of #4 are at their "best".
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    If you want to get to the top of it, ride up 8th street (or corrals/scotts), go past the upper parking area for the Hull's Interpretive trail, and there is a trail called 4-connector I think, on your right. Go right on to it, and you will be contouring mostly heading southish. You can see the Devil's Slide part of Trail 4 pretty much from anywhere in town BTW. After a mile, maybe 2, you will come to an intersection. If you go left, you go up to ridge road, if you go right, you are on Trail 4. Along the top of the ridge for a bit, then it drops off to the Devil's Slide. (there is also another cutoff for Trail 6 here on the left - can take you to Curlew - hard and steep ride to get there) As a moto trail....be prepared for huge whoops, lots of sand, and chewed up trail. I dont know anyone who rides up it, but down is not that bad (unless a bee flies into your helmet). Snicker. You will then come to another intersection.....if you go left, this is Trail 6 and it goes over to Trail 5, or you can can go right and stay on Trail 4 and end up at the top of Sidewinder.

I do it every few years and it is pretty much consistently chewed and loose. Hardest part is the grind up 8th I think.

If you want to go to the bottom of Devil's Slide, someone has already mentioned the Trail 5 route. This climb is pretty sweet and outside of one real gut buster, very consistent and doable. If you want a little more gonzo then....Sometimes we ride up 4 past Sidewinder and this is about 98% rideable. Very challenging but if you get off on 'impossible' climbs, go for it. The trail beyond the 4-6 intersection is the 'official' Devil's Slide and I have not tried to go up it.
    Enjoy!

blet drive
    thaks
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

Members who have read this thread: 0