Deer Point Trail Brush Cutting- Mtbr.com
    Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Deer Point Trail Brush Cutting

A lot of people asked me when the next trail work was scheduled. Well, it is the Sat. I plan on getting up there early. To work in the cool weather.

The trail we will be working on its trail 91 on the map. Bring loppers. All the work is brush cutting. The trail starts east of the Deer Point chair.

Any questions, post them here. And sorry. No lunch provided. Bring plenty of water. The sun can be brutal.

Al
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

New trail

We will be working on Deer Point Trail (#91 for all the map owners) on 9/11. Meet at Bogus Basin @ 9am @ the Deer Point Chair. Please wear pants, bring gloves and a pair of loppers. If you have a chainsaw, please, please, please bring it.

On a side note, please come out and volunteer, whether it be for work on the freeride project, or the XC trails (such as Deer Point). Your help is very much appreciated, and goes a long way towards building more and more trails. The more we, as a community, show private and public land managers we are a unified community that supports each other...the more leverage we have to build sweeter singletrack and progressive lines. And remember, the more people use trails at Bogus on such days as Trailpalooza....the more open they will be us when we ask to build more technical trails...or heavens forbid an A-line type trail.

24 inch

If you have a chainsaw, please come out and join us in the brush cutting on 9/1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Visicypher; 08-23-2007 at 08:24 PM.

if enough people confirm that they will be going, i'll arrange for lunch for those volunteers.

Barneys Unite!
    Al - is it 09/01 or 09/11?

TF

Saturday, Sept. 1.

Meeting time is 8am at the Deer Point chair at Bogus Basin. If anyone would like to carpool to Bogus, please PM.

May 2007

I am bringing 4

3 plus myself. We are riding up Dry Creek starting at 7 am.

mtnjam
    sorry Al and Dan...I'm gonna be down in the Ruby's with my wife and father-in-law otherwise I'd be all over clearing brush up there

Doesn't Bogus have something like this that they were using to clear brush on Pine Creek? Probably works better than Agent Orange and doesn't get them in trouble with the feds.
    Last edited by ryman; 08-30-2007 at 08:55 PM.

No worries.

I am so pissed off about Eastside that I can actually see straight. Really...I am that pissed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Do you still need chainsaws?

I have been wanting to participate in trail work, and it looks like I can make it for a few hours Saturday morning and bring a saw, if needed.

John

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roach66
    Do you still need chainsaws?

I have been wanting to participate in trail work, and it looks like I can make it for a few hours Saturday morning and bring a saw, if needed.

John
    Since Al has responded - guessing he is swamped - Just wanted to let you know to bring the chainsaw and clippers if you have them. There is a bunch of brush that is nasty to cut so bring saftey chaps if you have them.

The more the merrier!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Not sure how I missed you guys, but I sat at the base area near the Deer Point chair from about 8:00 to 9:00. I saw nobody and heard no saws. Oh well, I tried.

Let me know when you are heading up again and me-n-my big bad Stihl will try to make an appearance.

John

Blue truck drove up Coach and I drove it back down and waited from 8:50 to 9:20. I saw a guy on a cell phone. Was that you?

that won't work unless it can go through a 12" diameter tree AND a debris pile about 5' tall.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roach66
    Not sure how I missed you guys, but I sat at the base area near the Deer Point chair from about 8:00 to 9:00. I saw nobody and heard no saws. Oh well, I tried.

Let me know when you are heading up again and me-n-my big bad Stihl will try to make an appearance.

John

Rats! Sorry we missed you and the big bad saw. We could have used more saws. It's like cutting dog hair up there and the going is slow.

We were running a little late after getting coffee. Didn't make it through the Bogus lot until about 8:30. I bet you were the guy on the cell phone when we drove passed in a blue 4-Runner. It takes a while to hike to the section we are cutting so you probably were gone by the time the "Sir Ed" started up. Again, sorry we missed you.

We will make better plans next time!

Mike e.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yep, that was me. On the phone with a someone with internet access, making sure I did not get the location wrong. In hindsight I should have asked for a description of who I was looking for. Now I know.

I am out of town this next weekend, but I am good to go the rest of the month. Again, I do have a chain saw and some large loppers.

Cheers

John

Dang! I should have given you a holler. Read your PMs so you can contact me directly next time. I regret the mix up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    sorry Al and Dan...I'm gonna be down in the Ruby's with my wife and father-in-law otherwise I'd be all over clearing brush up there

Doesn't Bogus have something like this that they were using to clear brush on Pine Creek? Probably works better than Agent Orange and doesn't get them in trouble with the feds.

Please tell me that Bogus is clearing brush on Pine Creek. If so this could be the best thing I have heard all summer.

mtnjam
    Quote Originally Posted by SkierAtHeart
    Please tell me that Bogus is clearing brush on Pine Creek. If so this could be the best thing I have heard all summer.
    not that I know of, but I might have to be taking a stroll up there this weekend...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    not that I know of, but I might have to be taking a stroll up there this weekend...
    If you see me laying on the side of the road pick me up. I am thinking about doing the Bogus Hill Climb tomorrow. If I don't do the hill climb I might be up for a trip up there tomorrow morning. I have to work tomorrow at 4:00 so I would need to be back early.

Members who have read this thread: 0