Dear Idahoans- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dear Idahoans

mtbr member

Dear Idahoans

I lost a pair of gray and blue sunglasses on Bogus Basin somewhere near the top of Eastside and its branches. If someone runs across them would you please let me know?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Do you have a map on your website on where to find them?

mtnjam
    ha!
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

mtbr member
    Of course I do, but if I show it to anyone RTR will seize my glasses and burn the forest down. So this is the way it must be.

FASTER, DAMIT, FASTER
    Sep 2008

An examination of trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles
    Of course I do, but if I show it to anyone RTR will seize my glasses and burn the forest down. So this is the way it must be.
    Don't forget the endless amounts of persecution that you'll receive on this website too!

But if you do end up deciding to post a map this is probably how it will go down.

First. You will post the map with the best possible intentions. With this map you'll try to educate new riders and spark motivation for the rest of the community. You'll accompany this map with a well written, methodical recap of the trail, along with your own personal thoughts. Nothing will be said of how the trail lacks this or that, or how it's not technical enough, or how R2R has made it into a five foot wide multi use dirt side walk. I REPEAT: NONE OF THAT WILL BE SAID.

Second. Next TwistedCrank will post some off the wall comment that is made up of: slightly humerous/slightly offending/slightly "does this guy have brain damage and delirium" material. It will undoubtedly have some food reference (probably a pork product) and include the word "swole." Possibly a picture of said food reference.

Third. Next at least 6 lurkers (you know who you are) will let you know that the trail that you have just ridden "doesn't actually exist" and that trail that you left you sunglasses on was all a figment of your imagination.

Forth: Boiseboy will post something almost out of context and not really relevant to the discussion. He will let you know that he is a land owner and that all the "free ride hucksters" should just go buy their own land and carry the financial burden of insurance.

Fifth: A couple of people will then come to your defense (I have been guilty of this, so prepare a noose for me as well) . Saying that the trail does in fact exist! (Epiphany!) It should be ridden and talked about! (GASP!) They will mention that other trails, such as Eastside, didn't actually exist at first but grew up into a real grown up trail that actually got to be on R2R map (DOUBLE GASP!).

Sixth: Some one, perhaps Dirt Monkey, will make an attempt at compromise. He will state that he understands both parts of the argument. Also taking into account the bigger picture. His post will end with a comment about beer.

Seventh: EarthPig will now comment on TwistedCrank first post. This post will at first attend to the issue of the map of the "trail that doesn't exist where you lost your sunglasses." His post will contain a working knowledge of what's actually going on, but ultimately it will end insulting/complementing TwistedCrank in a way that almost sounds like a complement/insult. His post will also contain a reference to food. Probably salad. Also he will mention something about a "social event" and "dirt roads."

Eighth: Bombin4x will then accuse EarthPig of making poetry in his last post. Also the word "moobs" will be mentioned.

Nineth: Niles will post that he is going to block the blog that has a map of a trail that doesn't exist where he lost his sunglasses. But unfortunately,the flogging will not stop there.

Tenth: Five more lurkers will post that they saw a copy of the map of the "trail that doesn't exist where Niles lost his sunglasses" on their sister's cousin's best friend's brother's aunt's boss's cyber stalker's facebook page. This will incite at least six more posts of the possibility of all trails with in a thousands miles of Boise being closed for six hundred years by the BLM/Forest Service/Home Land Security/God.

Eleventh: Visicypher will finally post reasons for why the "trail that doesn't exist where Niles lost his sunglasses" hasn't actually became an official trail yet. He will state the existing land owner issues along with sustainability issues that may be present. He will finally encourage anyone that wants to see the "trail that doesn't exit where Niles lost his sunglasses" become a real grown up trail to get involved with SWIMBA and let R2R know of your interest. This will cause some peace.

Twelfth: TFloyd will then post the dates of the next SWIMBA ride/trail building/maintenance days.

Thirteenth: Approximately three people will post how they really want to come, but can't because of work/school/wife/baby mamas/horses/broken bike/stolen bike/out of town/hang overs/lame excuse/etc.

Fourteenth-Eighteenth: TwistedCrank and EarthPig will continue to make comments to each other that

are

formatted

this.

Nineteenth: At this point the thread has had one thousand views and has lost most peoples interest because they have realized that they would rather be out riding than reading an on going argument that has happened on MTBR.com's Idaho,Montana, Wyoming forum approx. twenty-seven other times. Possibly Ivan the Terrible or aenema will mention this and post awesome photo's of there last cycling adventure. These pictures will then lure people back to this thread. A noob will then make a post about how he wants to know where the "trail that doesn't exist where Niles lost his sunglasses" is because it sounds like fun. This will then be met with the above items 1-19.

You've been warned.

(This post was made as a joke. Please take it for what it is. If you are offended by the use of your name, I apologize. After several years of visiting this site almost daily I have come to notice certain trends and have decided jot them down here as a JOKE. If you feel that you absolutely need to verbally berate me here on this forum, by all means go ahead. The verbal diarrhea that comes from that attempted tongue lashing will only add fuel to the stereotypes. To everyone else: enjoy.)
    DON'T EXTINGUISH THE STOKE.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    You forgot that I may mention "spackle"...but those days have long passed.

Kudos for making me laugh.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    As said lurker-from nowhere near bogus/boise-This is some funny stuff. Kinda made my morning. Thanx

Archie

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    What cho talking about, Willis?

Speaking of which, did you know that the Diff'rent Strokes' former maquee star got a personalized casket?

swolebishes

Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

BMX:Our Shining Future

Oh, it's equinoxxx

Again, twice a year, except this time it's Fail Equinox. I can't find my glasses. Did anybody see them out laying somewhere in the muck at Hell Hole Coulee? No. Nobody is there. Nobody goes there. They can't get in or out of the mud. A lot of excitement surrrounding theee equinoxes. The light is changing the fastest. But at Fail Equinox the light is fallling. Thus. Unlike spring equinox. When sexual excitement and oppptomism is buddding. Fail Equinox features fallling hopes and dreams, a discontinuation of bicycle riding oppportunity for alll. Fights break out. Flames even extend to the passsion section of Montana Transient Bicycle Riders asssociation of america. Drunks batttle with cops. Arnott lost his glassses again. A$$$holes Annnonymous. Hi my name is davidarnottt and I'm an . . .

PEDAL
    MEDAL
    METAL
    MEDDDLE (fail)

I did lose my glassses in Helll Hole Coullleee last weeek loooking for gold. Kid Currry's hideout and secret gold mines. Mine Alll Mine. Droppped em in the mud absent mine did leee and now I can't seee a thing. Some guy says: Soon being absent minded will be a crime. That's already the case. I'll have a case of Scapegoat please. Thank you.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Meh.

You forgot my fantabulous fascination with fixies.

(SUPER MODERATOR SPACKLE EDIT. Thanks Al, you're loads of fun.)
    Last edited by Earthpig; 09-17-2010 at 08:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Great EeZe, now this thread's going to get deleted and I'll never find my glasses!

BTW: We need to go riding again!

mtbr member
    Hahaha - that's funny stuff right there! I needed a good laugh this AM...
    Beer reference? Lol, at least Im known for something positive! Speaking of beer, I owe you a beer. when we ridin again? I jacked myself up a few weeks back and havent riden for 3 weeks. I was so stoked after coming back from riding Bend and attending Bends Brew Fest (there's my beer reference for this thread) that I rode beyond my skill I guess
    Hey, is that a Huffy? That's a nice-lookin' bike, boy!

mtbr member
    I know everyone has been pretty worried about this so I thought an update was in order. I went back and found my glasses! So, not to worry, crisis resolved.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    You should post a map of where you found them. That would really close the loop.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I got a good laugh also and felt honored to have my name presented in a, what I think, positive light. Just so you guys all know, did a fantastic trip up to Canada and Montana and didn't take a single picture. Buy me a beer somewhere though and I will tell you all about it.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema
    Just so you guys all know, did a fantastic trip up to Canada and Montana
    I don't believe you.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Canada and Montana - the land of Wooly Mammaries.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dear Idahoans-moobs.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I don't believe you.
    Silly Twisted, you don't have to believe me to buy me a beer.

BMX:Our Shining Future

Dear IdaKnow 'ns

Chech out spaceweather.com the sun hath unlooosed a mighty cloud of proton plasma arriving at earth today! Expect a lot of confusion. Sirens. Riots. Try not to think during this solar storm arrival. It doesn't help to think. Just sit back and relax. Let those charged parcticles pass through theee. A drink doesn't hurt. Nor doth a bicycle ride. When that protons per square centemeter dial gets up over 1.0 That's when we are being nicely irrradiated. Well this is offf topic. Sorry. Just had to telll someone. I neeed my voice to be heard.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    Chech out spaceweather.com the sun hath unlooosed a mighty cloud of proton plasma arriving at earth today!
    There's nothing like having an itch you can't scratch.

Or one you can only scratch in private.

mtbr member
    If you had brought a salad and boutique manpries with you there would have been no lossage of sunglasses in the first place.

That's why I ride without glasses, also I want a clear view on the occasion there may just be a naked trail goddess roaming the alpine trails at bogus.
    Ride & Smile

Members who have read this thread: 0