Dakota 5o, 2007- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dakota 5o, 2007

mtbr member

Dakota 5o, 2007

Is anyone planning on riding in the Dakota 5o in the Black Hills, Spearfish, SD Sept. 2nd? Has anyone done it before? How was it? Sounds like a lot of fun. www.Dakota5o.com

Tracking up the place
    Done it twice...It's a good course with some very nice singletrack, and depending on how late you come in, the food I hear is pretty good... I make it in time to grab a beer... some killer climbs a great descent after you have tore your self apart.. Do it...I'll be there, I managed to get my boss, and the other guy to split my 24 hour shift... so I could Suckers... mowhahhhahhhaaa
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

mtbr member

yep

The wife and I did it the first 3 years that it was run. We would do it every year except that we started wanting to do some other things with the 3 day weekend.

Perry the other Ridge Riders are a great bunch of folks who put on a great event. I can't say enough about how hospitable they are and how well they put out a friendly festival-like atmosphere. The town of Spearfish in general is way cool, I'd consider living there.

The course is great. Assuming it hasn't changed, there is A LOT of singletrack (maybe 30+ miles?) and it is fun, fun, fun.

Do it, you won't regret it.

Members who have read this thread: 0