Curt Gowdy conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Curt Gowdy conditions?

Hi- I am from out of town and wondering what the conditions might be like here for Sat? thanks

mtbr member
    I haven't been as far as Gowdy, but Blair and Vedauwoo have feet of snow. I think it's safe to assume it's unrideable, though I could be wrong.
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. -Ernest Hemingway

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm interested in heading up to Curt Gowdy this Sunday (March 13). I emailed the superintendent of the park and he said he had not been out on the trails in almost 2 weeks, but that everything West of Aspen Grove is still snow covered and drifted. Can anyone confirm this, or beg to differ?

mtbr member
    On Sunday 3/20 I drove all the way through the park on my way back north to see what it was like. The Reservoir trail system on the east side of the park looked totally good to go. I'm sure there are wet spots or snow banks lurking in the gully's and shady spots but anything in the open looked 100% melted out.

The Mountain trails from the Aspen trail head have patchy snow, but where there is snow there is a lot of it.

Of course as soon as another big snow storm rolls through we're back to square one. Last year Curt Gowdy got a few feet of snow in April...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hey Blue Dogma thanks for the update! If I make it up that way anytime soon I will try to take and post some pics from the trails, if there's anything worth showing off!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The CG state ranger said last night that the east side has melted and should be rideable, but to expect to get off the bike in spots. The west side is obviously still buried.

mtbr member

Good to go

Rode a modified version of the big loop of the Gowdy Grinder on Wednesday. The trails are in great condition. I only saw a couple piles of snow in the trees on North-facing slopes. No snow on the trails, not even the big drift that usually hangs out on the top of Stone Temple this time of year.

I can't get the stupid embedding to work right, but here's what we rode: Aspen Parking lot->Stone Temple->Pinball->left onto Crow Creek->right onto Mo' Rocka->Crow Creek->Albert's Alley->left around Stone Temple.
    "An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. -Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 0