Curt Gowdy anyone?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Curt Gowdy anyone?

Thinking of going up there (from Laramie) tomorrow morning, or sometime Saturday, or maybe both, thought I'd see if anyone wants to go- I've got extra rack space. Guess the new El Alto trail is not to be missed.

sam

mtbr member
    I could possibly ride Saturday, but if I can't make it I would recommend you ride El Alto clockwise. Knee and elbow pads wouldn't be a bad idea for El Alto, this aint Happy Jack Toto!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Wish I had read that a couple hours ago. Single speeders especially should pack their extra large balls for counter clockwise. That is a sweet trail. I'll probably go back some time tomorrow, will be mid- late morning or afternoon, have some stuff to do.

sam

mtbr member
    Protective gear is a good idea. Be sure to take the out and back to the overlook.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    yeah, checked out the overlook. Very nice. Don't own protection other than a helmet, though I can see where it would be useful on stuff like that. I've only recently become single again- do chicks still dig scars?

mtbr member
    The granite at Gowdy has quite the rough texture. It tends to remove skin, subQ fat layers, etc., very efficiently.

You asked, "Do chicks dig scars?" I can only speculate that in general, they don't -- unless they appreciate the sport of MTBing, in which case, they would likely be very impressed. Hint for single guy riders: First check her ring finger, and then a quick scan of her shins, if visible. That will reveal a lot about riding preferences and possible compatibility.

The Silent Rider
    Nov 2004

some guys

are going up to Curt Gowdy from Cheyenne on Saturday morning for a group ride. Not sure which trails but that will be discussed when they all show up. I think they are meeting at 0500 and will be moving out sometime after that....
    YETI 575
    TREK 4900
    GIANT OCR C2

Members who have read this thread: 0