Current conditions @ Military Reserve?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. Current conditions @ Military Reserve?

Good evening guys ---

I'm really itching to hit the trails now that I have my NiteRider lights. I'd like to hit Military Reserve for a bit and was just wondering what the conditions are like. I was thinking of hitting Bucktail and the Central Ridge extension as well as Toll Road and that trail that heads up from Toll Road up to Central Ridge.

*crosses fingers for good news*

Thanks!

Nick

mtbr platinum member
    Walked Hulls today and it was too muddy to ride. There were about 5 people that we saw riding it, but they were leaving ruts. If Hulls is too muddy, then MR is definitely too muddy. I'd reserve riding to night riding if it gets below freezing. Otherwise, I'd wait for some colder weather to firm things up again.
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

Hi!!!

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerx40
    I'd reserve riding to night riding if it gets below freezing. Otherwise, I'd wait for some colder weather to firm things up again.
    OK..according to Weather.com we are suppose to get snow showers tomorrow morning...the rest of the week it's suppose to be clear and sorta sunny. The forecasted highs for Thursday and Friday are below freezing. Would it be OK to ride Military Reserve or the 8th street trails Friday night (530-630pm)or should I wait some more? I don't mind riding the Greenbelt, but I much rather be on the trails.

*tries to be patient with the weather*
    Nick

mtbr member

You might be better off

riding 530am when everything is frozen... but it is hard to wake up that early... as soon as the sun goes up, the ground normally thaws fast... specially the dark gumbo at the Reserve...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

this week

Nick - looks like it's going to get downright frigid later this week. A nice cold snap will freeze those trails solid. I think your Thursday/Friday plan sounds like a good one to me. I got my new Cyclone and I'm also itching to burn the midnight riding oil...

Members who have read this thread: 0