Current 8th street trails conditions?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. Current 8th street trails conditions?

With the bouts of rain this week and no rain forecast for this weekend...I was wondering if Kestrel/Crestline/Sidewinder/etc. are rideable now. I really don't want to do any woodchopping this weekend and I rode one too many times on the Greenbelt in recent weeks.

Thanks!

Nick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    With the bouts of rain this week and no rain forecast for this weekend...I was wondering if Kestrel/Crestline/Sidewinder/etc. are rideable now. I really don't want to do any woodchopping this weekend and I rode one too many times on the Greenbelt in recent weeks.

Thanks!

Nick
    I just got back from a ride up from CB, up Kestrel, Crestline, and 4, down Sidewinder, back up Crestline, down HullsGulch, then back to CB. All the trails were fine, except trail 4. There were a few pretty muddy sections, and one section I couldn't make it up. My tires aren't mud tires, and the mud really packed on, leaving me one big, heavy, muddy, slick tire. Seeing as this trail gets trashed by dirt bikes, I don't feel guilty riding on it when it's muddy.

justen at cable one dot net
    Last edited by justen; 11-13-2004 at 06:25 PM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Overall soft with isolated mushy spots

Today: grabbed the SS, rode up Bob's, hooked over to Hulls, then over to the Military and then the new connectors to Shane's and back
    Top of Motorcycle Lot climb is chopped up because it was just regraded (and doesn't have new water breaks on it yet!). The connector from Mtn Cove road to start of Buck has a water hole to avoid. I haven't heard anything about Corrals but suspect it's soft to mushy in spots with the north-facing slopes questionable (I purposely avoided it today). I didn't scope out SW. Overall the trails are ok. But watch out for the lady who called out mtnbkrdr98 on Shanes More importantly don't widen or deepen the scattered mushy spots!

BelaySlave: Tomorrow calls for partly sunny in the afternoon so it should be a fine November day in the foothills!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.