Critical Mass-Boise?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2006

New question here. Critical Mass-Boise?

I've heard (on Craigslist) that there is a "critical mass"-type event, Friday at 10:30 PM. Does anyone have any details about his? newb

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    there is an alley cat race friday night but thats all i know of, not sure on the start time. It's caled bars and stripes and is being put on by boise weekly

mtbr member
    I think I saw the same thing on Craigslist, it's been there before. Something about meeting at the Grove on bikes at 10:30, and "taking-over" the cruise???

Hoops - Big and Small

Looks like it's Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by aj_gilbs
    there is an alley cat race friday night but thats all i know of, not sure on the start time. It's caled bars and stripes and is being put on by boise weekly
    Poached from the Weekly website

7 Saturday

Buh-Buh-Buh-Beer (and bikes, too)

Put on your beer face, hop on your bike and get pedalin' for this year's Boise Weekly Bars and Stripes Alley Cat Race. If you missed last year's event, here's the skinny. In conjunction with Boise Weekly's annual Coldest Beer in Boise contest (which is exactly what it sounds likeŚwe diligently poke a thermometer into a glass of beer in every (and we mean every) draft-pouring joint in Boise, Meridian and Eagle) we throw a little beer celebration, race-style, with the pros from North Star Cycle Courier. Here's how it works: The guys from North Star write a manifest (that's messenger race lingo for a list of locations) to which participants bike, and at which the completion of a specified task is necessary. The first racer to complete all required tasks and bike to every bar on the list ... (drumroll, please) ... wins. The 10 stops have been determined, and free beer from Fat Tire awaits the parched gullets of those who make it to the final destination. For more information, check out www.boiseweekly.com. To register, get your beer-lovin' gut down to our office, pay your dues and get training.

3 p.m., $13 (includes a T-shirt). Race starts at Boise Weekly, 523 Broad St., 208-344-2055, www.boiseweekly.com.

Members who have read this thread: 0