Crazy_Berm, MoundedearthPig, and Pumpernickels4x P-Trackin'- Mtbr.com
    just a man

Crazy_Berm, MoundedearthPig, and Pumpernickels4x P-Trackin'

By far the best session yet, EP and C_B came over and rocked the snot out of the 1st SWBoise Temple of the Pumptrack tonight. Man that was fun, and to watch the guys improve with every turn it was really exciting. C_B is a force to be reckoned with folks, I challenge any of you to keep up with this guy.

C_B railing my new Yakuza Bakuto

EP rockin' Mrs. P4X's Warrior DS (by far the fastest bike to ride yet) - NO CHAIN!

EP Jr. Preparing for the Jr. Pumptrack Worlds (these smiles are priceless)

And now for a little fun:

Bret says he's going to post this on the 29er forum (since there's no 16er forum yet)

And my favorite snap of the evening - I almost wet my pants after this one

Thanks for the good times guys, that was freakin' fun!

-p4x

mtbr member

how many laps?

how many laps were EP and C_B doing before they tuckered out?

EP should I send that pic to joye???
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

just a man
    These guys are superfit. I would say 6-7 laps before each breather.

Stay tuned for the 1st SW Boise Temple of the Pumptrack Grand Opening in a few weeks folks, we'll have the BBQ going, beverages, and a bikini contest.

Ok, just kidding, no bikini contest. But everything else.

mtbr member

i cant wait

you're making me drool. I can't wait to start pumping in my yard. I got the second berm done tonight. Now to work on the 14 footer!!! Hey what else you gonna do when someone dumps 24 yards of dirt in your yard???
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Bombin' and Crush B - I haven't had that much fun or laughed and smiled that much in one hour in a looooooong time. Many, many, many thanks!

As the Governor of Gahhlifournia once said:

I'll be back. (And sign me up for the bikini contest!)

(This gives me very scary ideas for relandscaping my backyard......)

just a man
    Wow good job Swede! Big berms rule! See you Sat morning for some ptrack buildin'.

EP: Glad you guys could come out, great cross-training and handling practice isn't it? You really improved your berm turns in just an hour or so, I was really impressed!
    C_B: More help on the transition was appreciated - I need your expertise to finish it now

Hoops - Big and Small

Quality V Quantity

Quote Originally Posted by lv2ride
    how many laps were EP and C_B doing before they tuckered out?
    EP should I send that pic to joye???
    There's a fine line between cruisin and going for full rail. It's pretty easy to loaf along being efficient yet getting a very good workout.

If you try and throw down a double, jumping from roller to roller or chasing a buddy down around the track it starts to wind you pretty quick.

You know how after a nice climb on the dork loop you can recover and get ready for the next climb, pumpin just keeps coming at you.

Can't wait to try your track! I'am acting as Sergeant Stingy for P4X until his track is done then I'll have some more volunteer time to dole out.

mtbr member

time constraints

I certainly understand be careful with time. No problem. I am looking foreward to having the same fun in my yard that I had at B4X"s (now P4X).

that sounds like fun having a competion to try and cxathc the other

just a man
    Bret & Geoff: What are your thoughts on training without the chain? I think it's a great idea (provided you don't try to pedal and then go over the bars) to force the rider to really focus on pumping. If the bike is something that can pickup speed quick (like my wife's) it's not that difficult it you get a little Fred Flintstone action to get into the track.

Swede- Got any pics of your efforts thus far you can post?

Hoops - Big and Small
    It freaked me out at first - once you smash the boys you'll never forget there is'nt a chain onboard.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    It freaked me out at first - once you smash the boys you'll never forget there is'nt a chain onboard.
    2 Ideas, 1 BMX, 1 Jock:

1)Gooseneck pad
    2)Protective cup

Members who have read this thread: 0