couple of trail cam pics to show the size difference between a wolf and a coyote.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,620

    couple of trail cam pics to show the size difference between a wolf and a coyote.

    Here is a couple of trail cam pics to show the size difference between the 2 animals. You can use the stump or the little bush in front of them for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails couple of trail cam pics to show the size difference between a wolf and a coyote.-ek000920.jpg  

    couple of trail cam pics to show the size difference between a wolf and a coyote.-ek000067.jpg  


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    243
    great pics, so green for August. i think a lot of people who have mistaken a coyote for a wolf, have never actually seen a wolf. Big creatures.

  3. #3
    Ambassador of Chub
    Reputation: Smithhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,823
    Quote Originally Posted by fleboz View Post
    i think a lot of people who have mistaken a coyote for a wolf, have never actually seen a wolf. Big creatures.
    Yup. When you see a wolf, there is no mistaking it.
    "The only way we can truly control the outcome of a ride is not going on it, which is a choice I'm unwilling to make." -K.B.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: watts888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,277
    No mistaking a wolf, but I will say, there are some unusually large coyotes out there at times. Especially near trash areas.
    "a hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

  5. #5
    All fat, all the time.
    Reputation: Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,125
    Does this trail cam make my butt look big?

    Great pics as usual! I saw momma and baby moose Monday evening coming out of the backside of 257... Was pretty cool. No pic though.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dir-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    No mistaking a wolf, but I will say, there are some unusually large coyotes out there at times. Especially near trash areas.
    I recently watched a documentary about the "coywolfs" that are migrating from NE Canada into the US and have come as far west as Detroit.

    Some unique circumstances have allowed wolfs and coyotes to breed in an isolated area of Canada resulting in very large, very smart, and more aggressive coyotes.

    It's worth watching if you can find it.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-T View Post
    I recently watched a documentary about the "coywolfs" that are migrating from NE Canada into the US and have come as far west as Detroit.

    Some unique circumstances have allowed wolfs and coyotes to breed in an isolated area of Canada resulting in very large, very smart, and more aggressive coyotes.

    It's worth watching if you can find it.
    thx for the recomendation...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhtuHXInt88

Similar Threads

  1. A couple of pics from Moon....
    By JeffSkisMontana in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 08:44 PM
  2. Couple upgrades on my mission, made a huge difference
    By Desert_Rat in forum Diamondback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 03:34 PM
  3. wolf ridge / attack trail frame size?
    By opnykanen in forum Marin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 01:55 PM
  4. A couple pics
    By joshman108 in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 02:28 PM
  5. Shock size for 2k9 marin wolf ridge?
    By philridebike in forum Marin
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.