cops cops COPS!!!- Mtbr.com
    blet drive

Cool-blue Rhythm cops cops COPS!!!

so yesterday i am finishing up a ride coming out at camelsback and there is a cop in the middel of the trail yelling at me to stop. so i hit the brakes and stop. Is there a problem i ask? Do you have a dog with you the officer ask? I looked around puzzled as i dont own a dog. NO why. The officer said have a good day ..

So inother words if you ride with a dog look out..

So im on my way to work @ 530 am and im ridding anlong and i hear clunk cnlunk snap.. errr my chain busted. its to late to walk back to the house so i hustle and go forward to work.click clack click clack go my shoes. when no other than a cop shows up in his car. He ask were you headed and what are you doing. what does it look like im doing. im thinking glad i didnt say it.i stutter for words and say going to work. oh the officer said we had a string of bikes stollen around here thats yours right. no i like wearing elf shoes and a helmet and a bike jacet that sais team bike alley all over it.. i told him my chain broke and then off he went .. didnt even ask if i needed any thing what a guy. oh well ..
    they are the athority so we must respect them.. right.
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

illiterate or intoxicated

Police State?

Last time I checked, the 4th Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures of U.S. citizens by law enforcement. The courts have interpreted the 4th Amendmend to provide that a police officer does not have any right to stop and question a citizen unless the officer can articulate facts to support the officer's objectively reasonable suspicion that the citizen has, or is, engaged in criminal behavior.

Is riding your bike down a trail a criminal act in Boise? Looks like things are getting out of hand down south. I suggest that you get the name and badge number of the officers engaged in this activity and report it to the Police Chief as a violation of your civil rights.

Good luck!
    "One often finds their destiny on the road taken to avoid it" - Master Ugway

mtbr member
    if you did have a dog with you...you likely would have been shot several times...and then asked where you leash and your poop baggie were.

point is: stay away from camelsback/hulls -

the other incident...wtf...you're wearing bike gear...and mr. piggy figures you've stolen the bike. and, why would running with a bike make him think you'd stolen it. weird.

pretty sure i would contact someone regarding him stopping you on the trail to ask if you had a dog with you. boice pd, city of boise, ridge to rivers, etc. doubt they're supposed to just tell people to stop on the trail.

can this dog nazi stuff get any dumber

Masher
    Aug 2007
    Whats the issue?
    He was looking for dog owners running dogs off leash. Then the second cop was looking for stolen bikes. They both explained why they stopped the OP.
    I would have thanked him profusely for doing a great job.

mtnjam
    shoulda just blown right past him and never stopped.....what are they gonna do "clothesline" someone that refuses to stop? Screw that, if I see a cop on the trails I'm gonna ride right past them even if they ask me to stop. Never know if it's a cop or someone impersonating a cop just waiting to rip your bike off

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbum
    Whats the issue?
    He was looking for dog owners running dogs off leash. Then the second cop was looking for stolen bikes. They both explained why they stopped the OP.
    I would have thanked him profusely for doing a great job.
    a lot is wrong with stopping someone without a reason.

i'd be willing to bet that it is not their protocol to stop a hiker/runner/biker without reason. the cop didn't see a dog..and therefore should not have stopped jungle. if a dog comes trailing afterwards - a few hundred yards behind...then yeah...there's a reason.

in the 2nd case..the dude was wearing bike shoes/clothes/helmet...what would make a cop think he'd stolen that bike.

you probably think the patriot act is a good idea too.

to protect and serve...not to harrass and bully

and - for the record. i support law enforcement. i know they have a tough job, and do a lot for us. however, the incident that jungle describes is bothersome to me.

it's more of an annoyance than anything. and, why are we putting someone who gets paid from our tax dollars on such a stupid, ridiculous post.

come to think of it..that's probably why he did stop jungle. he's probably ticked off about being out there watching for irresponsible dog owners.

Barneys Unite!

Uh, this is Boise . . .

Better invest in a flak jacket first.

TF

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    shoulda just blown right past him and never stopped.....what are they gonna do "clothesline" someone that refuses to stop? Screw that, if I see a cop on the trails I'm gonna ride right past them even if they ask me to stop. Never know if it's a cop or someone impersonating a cop just waiting to rip your bike off
    seen it done before...guy was riding his bike through an intersection with a cop in it...the cop reached out, grabbed the guy, and threw him on the ground for disobeying traffic laws...the bike went rolling out into the intersection
    I ride a 26'er with tubes and rim brakes.
    Yeah, I'm basically living in the stone age.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Bike clothes can easily be confused with gang colors. Especially if it's a team kit.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Masher
    Aug 2007
    Harass and bully? Based on the OP's comments he wasn't harassed or bullied.
    And the cop did have a reason to stop them, and he explained what it was, and then they went on their way.
    If it was your bike that was stolen I'm sure you would be glad there was a cop looking for it.
    Last edited by fishbum; 06-26-2008 at 08:05 AM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbum
    Harass and bully? Based on the OP's comments he wasn't harassed or bullied.
    And the cop did have a reason to stop them, and he explained what it was, and then they went on their way.
    If it was your bike that was stolen I'm sure you would be glad there was a cop looking for it.
    It's a well known fact that in Boise the cops shoot first and ask questions later.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Masher
    Aug 2007
    Well if that's true no wonder there is some sensitivity to this...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

agree with fishbum

If my bike was stolen, I would be quite happy to hear that the police are making it public that they are out there and taking it serious. Sure, nobody is going to volunteer that they stole the bike they were on but the fact that they are out in the public eye, asking about it tells me that they are doing what they can to deter future similar crimes. In my mind, the OP was already frustrated about his mechanical and the officer provided an outlet for that frustration.

As far as the dog cop. We, as a people, made the dogs an issue. If the OP happened to have a dog with him and went by the cop, and then the officer noticed the dog trailing, how would he have stopped the rider? Would the dog have stopped for the cop? If you are serious about enforcing the isssue that I am sure they do not want to enforce but we, as a people, are making them. You stop them when you can, when they are in front of you and not try to catch up with them after they pass. Word will get out that they are taking the issue seriously and people will start policing themselves (finally) and they will not need to use such tactics any longer.

I am not normally the person to defend local law enforcement and think comments like the vest are funny. But really, reporting the officer for harassment? Just be glad we have them and remember they are doing what they do because somebody asked them to. We asked them to.

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    a lot is wrong with stopping someone without a reason.

and - for the record. i support law enforcement. i know they have a tough job, and do a lot for us. however, the incident that jungle describes is bothersome to me.

come to think of it..that's probably why he did stop jungle. he's probably ticked off about being out there watching for irresponsible dog owners.
    Not trying to start a flame war, but how can you say you respect law enforcement when you call them a “piggy” in your previous post?

I don't mind if a cop stops me and inquires about stolen bikes, because I know what it’s like to have one taken, more than happy to cooperate. I don’t think either situation was that big of a deal, now if they wanted to search you or detain you then yeah that would be a problem. It’s good to see some of them being proactive rather than reactive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuna
    Not trying to start a flame war, but how can you say you respect law enforcement when you call them a “piggy” in your previous post?
    sarcasm doesn't always come through in type. just joking.

the main thing that gets me is putting a highly trained police officer at camelback park - while he's making a decent chuck of change per hour (tax money) to enforce dog policies. silly, stupid. what a waste.

boise's finest should be doing something more important.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

agreed....

But until we can learn to police and resolve conflicts ourselves, Boise's finest will have to do it for us. If the dog issue had never gone to become the issue it was, they would be doing far more productive duties today.

blet drive
    Quote Originally Posted by TFloyd
    Better invest in a flak jacket first.

TF
    heck yes im going to by one right away any one have a good deal on a used one. and i thought Memphis was tough. oh and if any one finds my extra skin on the trail yesterday i will take it back its been a bad week..

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You were lucky you weren't gunned down, actually.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bucksaw87
    seen it done before...guy was riding his bike through an intersection with a cop in it...the cop reached out, grabbed the guy, and threw him on the ground for disobeying traffic laws...the bike went rolling out into the intersection
    This should have landed the police offer on indefinite leave, and he's lucky he didn't have charges pressed against him.

blet drive
    for real its nuts out there

Look out!
    From PD spokesperson Lynn Hightower for your reading enjoyment:

Citizen Alert - Officers to Educate/Enforce Dog Laws in Parks

Boise, June 30th, 2008 - Boise Police are sending a caution to dog owners who fail to follow city parks laws: keep dogs on a leash or risk a ticket.

Tuesday morning, July 1st, Boise Police Neighborhood Contact Officers will give special enforcement to Boise City Parks where dogs running off leash is prohibited. Officers will also be watching for citizens who fail to pick up after their dogs. The fine for each city parks violation is $25 plus court costs, which totals $66.50.

Tuesday's patrols are a response to numerous recent citizen complaints about dogs running off leash in city parks, and owners who fail to pick up after the dogs in city parks.

"Parks rules are meant for safety, and to make city parks as enjoyable as they can be for the thousands of people who use our parks every day," says Boise Police Sgt. Paul Burch. "Citizens complain that dogs running loose threatens the safety of children playing. Citizens also complain when they see dog waste in a park. Boise parks are clearly marked as to what the rules are for dogs. We want everyone to be aware of those rules, and to let folks know there can be consequences when they chose not to follow those rules."

Tuesday morning's patrol will likely be the first of several planned throughout the summer to educate dog owners and enforce city parks ordinances.

There are several places in Boise where dog owners may allow their dogs to run off leash. The Boise City Parks & Recreation Department has dog etiquette clearly featured on the department's web page. For more, please log onto:

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Parks/
    Ride the bike.

jalepenio jimenez

Cops,

poor dumb ba$tards. Convinced they are doing the right thing for the "man" by enforcing their petty laws, when in actuality, the "man" is the biggest con of all.

Solution: be nice and kiss their ass. The last thing you want to do is piss off a cop. Once they get your name and you are in their system, they have you by the cajones any time they want.

I once again suggest avoidance.
    White Clouds - Heart of Idaho
    Still kick'n after being knocked down, drugged out, and bent over - thanks MSTI...you rock.

mtbr member
    this thread is hilarious. I say give the cops bigger guns!!! Don't they get paid to shoot at us? Down with criminals! BOOOO!!!
    I've not been killed, only wounded...I'll just lie here a while and bleed, then rise again to fight another day.

blet drive
    sweet

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    guess with hard times, the donut shops are not giving away free donuts

blet drive
    nope no free ones to the coper

Boise
    Good lord people!.....you really need to get over the illegal search and siezure crap....this is reality..if a cop wants to speak to you and question you he will.....this is life...deal with it!

Trust me....the last place our officers want to be is up in the foothills chasing idiots and their unleashed dogs!....Christ..I was driving down 8th street and here was a lady with two fluff ball muts in the middle of the friggin road....not leashed...and did NOTHING to get them out of the way?......hence the problem and cause of most complaints!

As far as our officers over stepping their authority....maybe you guy's should ride along with one of these guy's one nice evening so you can see first hand the type of crap they have to deal with on a daily basis....I for one am glad that they are willing to badge up and assume their resposibility dealing with certain elements that most people don't think exist in Boise!

Yes...I do have friends that work for BPD..and they're good guy's that are more than fair and just.....

blet drive
    Yes...I do have friends that work for BPD..and they're good guy's that are more than fair and just.
    me to and im not saying they are unfair just spend your time better than askin dumb questions and eating donuts

Boise
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    Yes...I do have friends that work for BPD..and they're good guy's that are more than fair and just.
    me to and im not saying they are unfair just spend your time better than askin dumb questions and eating donuts
    I have yet to meet one that actually eats donuts..most of the ones I know are more fitness conscious than most of us....

As far as dumb questions...I guess it's becuase they deal with ignorant stupid people day in and day out!

Fly fat ass fly !
    Quote Originally Posted by obrianmcc
    I have yet to meet one that actually eats donuts..most of the ones I know are more fitness conscious than most of us....

As far as dumb questions...I guess it's becuase they deal with ignorant stupid people day in and day out!
    Thank you !
    I guess nobody else has to deal with tweekers and human trash everyday at work .
    Not to mention all the gang ******** in the middle of nowhere Idaho.I think if they got shot at once they would be a little quick to pull their gun too.
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM

blet drive
    no thanky oyu if you are a cop for doing a good job..

Members who have read this thread: 0