Congrats to Kristin Armstrong [R]- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

Good job! Congrats to Kristin Armstrong [R]

http://www.cyclingpost.com/other/article_003577.shtml

American Kristin Armstrong has won the first event of the 2006 World Championships in Salzburg, the Ladies Individual Time Trial.
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/p...EWS03/60920008
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 09-20-2006 at 10:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Let the random piss tests begin!
    What do you mean by this?
    Are you suggesting she is using illegal stuff?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kuna
    What do you mean by this?
    Are you suggesting she is using illegal stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by kuna
    Not sure what you meant in your post in the Kristin Armstrong thread, and since haven't responded to it, I thought I would shoot you a PM. If you meant to imply that she is using banned stuff, shame on you. In fact, I think your lack of response is chicken **** and it's obvious you do too since you haven't explained yourself any further. I personally don't know Kristin and I am sure you don't either. I am pretty sure you don't know much about professional cycling except what you read on the internet or in a magazine. You are not doing anyone a service to the cycling community, especially in Boise.

I had totally forgotten to reply to that forum, but I will now and there.

I meant that drug use is rampant in professional cycling, especially road, and the guilty always come out after big wins, ala Landis. It seems the men are always getting caught, but the ladies are not exempt; the former woman racer from the defunct Saturn powerhouse, the Canuck whose name I forget at the mmoent, was nailed for EPO or something similar. It should be noted Boisean Brooke Blackwelder's career was blackened by reports of drug use, too. Even her own teammate wrote a letter to VeloNews about "she couldn't be that strong unless she took something."

As for me not knowing Kristin, I do. In fact, I've known her last four boyfriends, and I know her current boyfriend, Joe. I've gone on training rides with her, her former team and teammates who are now on other squads. So that pretty much throws out your presumption I don't know her.

And as for me not knowing much about cycling or the misfortunes of drug use, I think this response to your PM pretty much sums that misnotion up.

edit: Seems the men are more guilty of failing pee tests and being subjected to raids. And am not saying Kristin is doped or that anyone at the recent TT Worlds is. She's a strong rider regardless. But doping is a reality in all major professional sports. Fact. I'm sure fans of Tyler or Floyd or Jan are just as upset as you are that their cycling god could even be uttered in the same sentense/thought as a doping allegation.
    And as for me not knowing much about professional cycling, I have been part of RAAM (do you even know what that is?), attended the Twilight Criterium since its inception, volunteered as a kid during the National Road Race that zoomed down Chinden way back in the late 80's and spectated and viewed no fewer than 5 NORBA National Finals, and the defunct SF Grand Prix. I could go on, but you're not worth it.
    Last edited by westin; 09-22-2006 at 11:53 AM.

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005

Thanks

I am glad you responded, it's nice to see you have some story beyond your previous statement. Anymore people just say/post random crap they don't know much about, and when it's regarding a persons reputation, that's not cool - whether it's Kristin or someone else. I am sorry you think I am not worth it, I think you are; otherwise I would have ignored your post, but decided to send you a PM. As far as RAAM goes, I know about it, and thanks for the list of races you have seen I am glad you are a strong supporter of racing. Keep on riding.

Members who have read this thread: 0