Comin' across next week- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Comin' across next week

We're coming to Boise next tues, weds+thurs. Anybody know of a cheap motel- needs to be safe enough that the bikes will be safe? Last year we rode the foothills(Camelsback) and they were great, any recomendations on other trails that will be around town and dry?

mtbr member
    the idaho heritage inn...it's a b&b at 1st and idaho.

my wife and i stayed there when we visited boise years ago..before moving here.

it is cheap, close to downtown, close to the foothills and safe. as is most of downtown, imo.

if it's just you and another and you want to share a room, check out their rates.

oh yeah... the breakfast is pretty good too.

don't know anything about the hotels..but it's been my experience that b&b's are not more if any more expensive than hotel rooms sometimes.

oh yeah, the house is completely supplied by geothermal.

they have 3 rooms ranging from 70-85 bucks. not bad, imo. for what you get..

just my 2 cents

http://www.idheritageinn.com/

trail wise..you'll have to settle with the foothills again. unless you want to drive down to the owyhee

King of the Barneys
    the Heritage Inn is beeyootiful. I've had several reunion dinners there over the years. Nice location, too.

But if you want really cheap, you can sleep under the porch of my double-wide with the hound dogs fur nuttin.

Just pray (or whatever you prefer) for dry days prior to your arrival...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    How far of drive are the owyhees? What are the trails like?

Archie

King of the Barneys
    a good hour from there, but I wouldn't go out there without a guide. Very remote, and unless you're one of those rare folks who seem to be a human gps, it's fairly disorienting and you could probably get lost. Take a look a the pictures of the Owyhee trails on this forum to get an idea of what they're like.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Members who have read this thread: 0