Coeur de'Alene area trail recommendations?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Coeur de'Alene area trail recommendations?

I'm going to be staying in Coeur de'Alene next summer for a few days on my 10th wedding anniversary. I want to rent a bike, and hit some of the local singletrack for a 2-3 hour ride.

What trail(s) within a 30 minute drive or so from Coeur de'Alene would you recommend? Also, and suggestions on local bike shops to check out for higher end bike rentals? Thank you for any suggestions!

Don't worry, be happy!
    Not sure about the rental situation - the two shops to talk to would be Vertical Earth in CDA and Mountain View Cyclery in Hayden.

As for rides, the locals hit Canfield an area shared motos for close in, for singletrack adventures try Farragut State Park, Bernard Peak, or the N Fk CDA river area.

some trail ideas here, see N Idaho links:
    http://www.fttrc.org/rides/wheretoride.cfm

Jan 2005

Cda

Quote Originally Posted by formica
    Not sure about the rental situation - the two shops to talk to would be Vertical Earth in CDA and Mountain View Cyclery in Hayden.

As for rides, the locals hit Canfield an area shared motos for close in, for singletrack adventures try Farragut State Park, Bernard Peak, or the N Fk CDA river area.

some trail ideas here, see N Idaho links:
    http://www.fttrc.org/rides/wheretoride.cfm
    Formica is spot on with Canfield Close In, and Farragut / Bernard a 25 mile drive north. Depending on when in the summer, and your size, I may be able to take you out, and lend you a ride from my stable. I lean to Farragut / Bernard over Canfield, just from the moto issue ( dont care for the exaust, or the rutted trails) Here are a couple trail routes for Farragut / Bernard. Are you looking to bring the wife along for the ride? would you need 2 bikes? I know Mt View does not rent, Vertical Earth I am not sure. Another option may be to contact Ventana about doing a Demo ( they ship the bike in your size to Mt View for a week long demo, you get credit of the rental to a purchase if you so choose) That may be an option with a bit of planning . You can also check a couple shakey cam helmet videos on the download page at the LAH site of some of Farraguts shoreline singletrack
    Attached Images Attached Images

King of the Barneys
    Your shoreline trail was surprisingly cool when we were up there this summer. Get hot? Go jump in the lake, or take a drop off a rope swing! Love that area.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Your shoreline trail was surprisingly cool when we were up there this summer. Get hot? Go jump in the lake, or take a drop off a rope swing! Love that area.

CDB

Wish I would have known you were in town! Farragut is a nice little gem for mountain biking. The rangers ride as well which keeps it very cool. As a side note I am just starting to formulate "Cycle-O de Mayo" with the park service. Looking at a mini Mtn Bike Festival May 4,5,6 at Farragut, Reserving Thimbelberry for the group camp site, and having multiple ride activities. I also have the green light to hold "Bike In movie theater" in the ampitheater which is about a half mile single track from the group camp, to the bowl. The Park is really excited about the game plan. I also have contacted a couple manufacturers about holding a demo daze during the event to try their rides out on the trails. Waining Moon rides ( the full moon is the 2nd), 18 mile singletrack poker run, Bernard Climb and Decent, etc. Basicly a gathering of the tribes for a cool weekend vibe. So if any of you southerners are wanting a spring fling...... I will keep things posted here

CT

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Tripps
    Wish I would have known you were in town! Farragut is a nice little gem for mountain biking. The rangers ride as well which keeps it very cool. As a side note I am just starting to formulate "Cycle-O de Mayo" with the park service. Looking at a mini Mtn Bike Festival May 4,5,6 at Farragut, Reserving Thimbelberry for the group camp site, and having multiple ride activities. I also have the green light to hold "Bike In movie theater" in the ampitheater which is about a half mile single track from the group camp, to the bowl. The Park is really excited about the game plan. I also have contacted a couple manufacturers about holding a demo daze during the event to try their rides out on the trails. Waining Moon rides ( the full moon is the 2nd), 18 mile singletrack poker run, Bernard Climb and Decent, etc. Basicly a gathering of the tribes for a cool weekend vibe. So if any of you southerners are wanting a spring fling...... I will keep things posted here

CT
    Please do. My parents live in Post Falls, so I've got a good reason to make the loooong trip up.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Members who have read this thread: 0