clubs and/or group rides- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

clubs and/or group rides

I am starting to think it would be fun to join a club or group ride in the area. I would like to meet more people who enjoy riding. Unfortunately I am no expert and I also do not own a road bike. it seems most of the clubs in the area cater to those two groups. Are there any laid back clubs that are just out to have fun and get together for mountain bike rides?

King of the Barneys

Well, when the weather's good,

Quote Originally Posted by alindley
    I am starting to think it would be fun to join a club or group ride in the area. I would like to meet more people who enjoy riding. Unfortunately I am no expert and I also do not own a road bike. it seems most of the clubs in the area cater to those two groups. Are there any laid back clubs that are just out to have fun and get together for mountain bike rides?
    Back when I had friends, I used to lead a Wed a.m. ride that was easy and fun. Meet at CB around 645, leave at 7am, go out for an hour or so, and then to Little Richard's for Coffee. Very social and recreational, and how hard we go depends on who shows up and what we feel up to. Probably start it up again in March if the trails are rideable. I'll often do a Monday nt ride at 630pm or so (depending on the heat).

Both rides kinda fizzled out last year when a couple key members moved away, a guy's wife had twins. Who knows? maybe they just don't like me anymore.

But this sounds a bit like what you're interested in, where it's friendly and fun, and not too crazy. We'd do normal foothills fare, Hulls, Corral's, Sidewinder, Bob's, Military Reserve, TR loops, whatever. Mostly close in stuff. I'll normally bring my singlespeed for these shorter rides and this way I'll get a good workout and it's all good.

CB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Try the Lost River Saturday AM ride

Quote Originally Posted by alindley
    I joined Lost River a couple of years ago for the heck of it and went on a couple of their Saturday AM mountain bike rides. DEFINITELY a "recreational" pace and group. You don't have to be a member to go on the ride. Check Lost River's website for more info.