Chequamegon Fat Tire Fest?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Chequamegon Fat Tire Fest?

Anybody planning to do it this year? I sent in my application, and am waiting to see if I get one of the 1,700 spots. I've raced this a couple times... it is in my parents' back yard. It is the only race where I've had bratwurst and beer at the feed stations. '-)

www.cheqfattire.com for the website. It is a pretty fast race. The professionals who win do it in a little over two hours (usually riders from team Trek or Gary Fisher, etc). I take about 3.5 for the 40 miles, but that includes time to eat brats and drink beer. It isn't a Norba event, so you don't get the topracers, but the whole thing is more of a festival atmoshpere than a race for us normal humans anyway.

I'll be riding my hardtail, not my 5 Spot, in this one. Actually, I am thinking about riding my rigid steel Stumpy, instead of my Habby, but haven't decided yet. 5" is definitely overkill on this course. Maybe 3000' of climbing over 40 miles. Not much compared to the foothills, but some of that riding/racing is through 2' deep mud (although that depends on the weather).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by justen
    Anybody planning to do it this year? I sent in my application, and am waiting to see if I get one of the 1,700 spots. I've raced this a couple times... it is in my parents' back yard. It is the only race where I've had bratwurst and beer at the feed stations. '-)

www.cheqfattire.com for the website. It is a pretty fast race. The professionals who win do it in a little over two hours (usually riders from team Trek or Gary Fisher, etc). I take about 3.5 for the 40 miles, but that includes time to eat brats and drink beer. It isn't a Norba event, so you don't get the topracers, but the whole thing is more of a festival atmoshpere than a race for us normal humans anyway.

I'll be riding my hardtail, not my 5 Spot, in this one. Actually, I am thinking about riding my rigid steel Stumpy, instead of my Habby, but haven't decided yet. 5" is definitely overkill on this course. Maybe 3000' of climbing over 40 miles. Not much compared to the foothills, but some of that riding/racing is through 2' deep mud (although that depends on the weather).
    I wonder if LeMond still participates in this race?

mtbr member

Might be kinda cool

I will be back home that week for a wedding in MSP the weekend before. That could be a fun week. Stop in Duluth to ride around and see the colors, take in a race!

Keep us abreast.
    BoiseBoy

Members who have read this thread: 0