Charlie's Face in Bozeman : Warning...- Mtbr.com
    jones'in

Charlie's Face in Bozeman : Warning...

A quick warning:
    'letsgoride' and I rode Charlie's Face last night. The trail was in excellent shape....until the bottom of the steepest section.

Right where the gnarly steep stuff ends at the creek, the creek has washed out the ground and, subsequently, the trail. It's at a dangerous rise in the trail too. So you come hauling ass down the last little bit of steeps, come up over a rise and you need to come to a complete stop in about 30-40 feet. Thankfully, somebody had laid a log over the trail, causing both of us to hit the brakes hard and almost wreck. The alternative, however, would have been a face-first trip off of the creek bank and into the rocky creek bed about 10-12 feet below.... I was wearing my full face, but I'd rather not have to use it, ya know?

Also, the bridge that used to cross the creek is gone, so you'll have to carry your bike across the creek.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

Coors, the american beer.
    venom, am visiting bozeman for the next couple of days, plan to ride the resort at big sky tommorow ... give me a call 707-287-6357 if you have any time off and wouldnt mind playing guide to one of those damn californians.
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

jones'in
    Hey Melt,
    What kinda bike did you bring w/ you? A couple of us might be riding evenings this week....

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

its an 06 enduro expert .... handled big sky ok, cept i toasted the rear brakes. I seem to go thru a set per year though.

well dont worry bout me, rode big sky again today and am now in helena. Thinking black forest tommorow, mizzula thurs, silver mtn idaho friday, and schweitzer on sat. Then sunday head to portland to visit my friend, then back to cal next week

jones'in
    I didn't ride tonight, but we are tomorrow.

Oh well, next time you're in town, let us know and we'll try and meet up.
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

helena was friggin AWESOME!

blue mountain rec area is the plan for tommorow ... just got my oil changed in the truck at walmart (yes normally i do it myself, but dont wanna just bust it out in some parking lot)

May 2005
    I live in Kellogg and will probably be riding Silver on friday (pending mechanical issues) if you want me to show you around a bit.

Members who have read this thread: 0