Carnage report- Mtbr.com

Thread: Carnage report

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Carnage report

Nick's biff at Tamarack made me recall my own biff history. Share 'em if you got 'em.
    • Cracked rib last winter, OTB on a Hulls nightride in a snow storm
    • Cracked helmet and weeklong headache, possible concussion, endo on Eastside
    • Massive raspberries on hips, off-road rash on knees, shoulders and elbows, high-speed bike slid out from under me on freeway
    • Massive directional off-road rash on back, big old butt bruises, high-speed OTB flip on fireroad in Montana

There are probably others those are the ones that come to mine. We're all in this togather bruthas and sistas
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Aug 2004
    I had some "not-so-big" crashes at Tam and Brundage this summer, but nowhere nothing like yesterday.

Last month I was SS'ing through Hulls Grove and tried to wheelie over a rut running across the trail. As soon as my rear tire hit the rut I somehow fell hard onto my right side. Banged up the right knee and shin pretty good and you can still see where the scares were.

Up at Brundage earlier this summer I was coming down Hidden Valley at a good clip past the rock garden. I was going a wee bit too fast and lost control of the bike through a rocky section, but somehow managed to hop off the bike and continue running without falling down. If I did manage to fall down, I woulda been in a world of hurt since that whole place is littered with rocks and I wasn't wearing my chest armor.

At the start of Shane's from Rocky Canyon, I was spinning like a mofo up the trail near the bottom when I just stalled and ended up tumbling down the hillside.

I also ended up going headfirst SLOWLY into a rock on Hulls several years ago.

mtbr member
    Most recently it would have been the 3rd degree AC seperation while riding in Bend. This was probably the most painfull crash I have been in. Before that it was stitches in the eyelid from a little stepdown on a less known local trail. Then there was a slew of bruises scrapes and torn skin. About 4 years ago I went down real hard in that rock garden on Hidden Valley it sucked. Talk about one hell of a headache. Somehow my pedal(platforms of course) scaped up the backside of my leg and turned it to hamburger. Just slapped some gauze on it and finished out the rest of the day, but I could hardly walk for at least a week afterward. Those are the ones that stand out. I'm sure there was others that didn't leave much of an impression. Don't you just love crashing!
    Everytime that wheel turn round
    bound to cover just a little more ground!

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Nick's biff at Tamarack made me recall my own biff history. Share 'em if you got 'em.
    • Cracked rib last winter, OTB on a Hulls nightride in a snow storm
    • Cracked helmet and weeklong headache, possible concussion, endo on Eastside
    • Massive raspberries on hips, off-road rash on knees, shoulders and elbows, high-speed bike slid out from under me on freeway
    • Massive directional off-road rash on back, big old butt bruises, high-speed OTB flip on fireroad in Montana

There are probably others those are the ones that come to mine. We're all in this togather bruthas and sistas

Lotsa trail rash, especially when I used to ride like I had cojones...
    Cracked ribs and major scrapes on Dry Creek;
    More busted ribs in Red Rocks, NV
    Broken finger on Hulls SS night ride
    Cut legs from Moab
    Concussion and ringing head for 2 days from somewhere in foothills (still can't remember). My friends brought me to the door, rang the doorbell, and ran off. Told the wife to please quickly buy 2 six packs..
    8 broken ribs, shattered collarbone, torn shoulder, other owwies on 9/6/00 Boise Foothills;

CDB
    Last edited by CBro; 09-05-2006 at 10:31 AM.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    I've had literally hundreds of wrecks and endos over the years, but my most painful MTB wreck has to be the one in spring-time Moab where I went OTB while trying to speedwheelie a mud-filled swale at full-speed. To top it off I tore my nuts on the stem and landed in the gasoline and motor oil soaked mud from the stuck 4x just off trail. God that one hurt- I can only imagine what effect that had on my off-spring.

Rocks Rock

I'd hate to think what the list would be if I was a hucker.

Normal bloody scrapes, cuts, rashes, bruises and poison ivy/oak. No broken helmets but many cracked, chipped and have had a couple of thumb size sticks impaled in to helmets.
    98 -99 Elbow drained a couple times. Jammed my wrist.. first clipless pedal experience... off the bike for three weeks.
    2001 Have a round bar end size scar just below my sternum where the bar end knocked the breath out of me in Lynn Woods Lynn, MA just before dark, damaged some cartlege in my rib cage, off the bike for 3 weeks. Three months later I was behind my seat going down some nasty steep rock stairs... Rockville, MD... crashed and drove my ribs into my seat... cracked ribs... of the bike for three weeks... have tried those stairs at least a dozen times and still haven't made them.
    2002 Tore 3/4 of the finger nail off my right index finger on a cedar branch at Emma Long Austin, TX
    2004 Dislocated left pinky finger... pooped it back in kept riding.
    2005 Dislocated left pinky finger again... pooped it back in kept riding.
    2006 Did some work at Willow Jump Park? Of course had to try out this dirt jumping. Third jump burped my front tire and rolled it off the rim... crashed and ended up with a bruise on my left hip that went nearly down to my knee... plus the gravel rash on my leg, arm and shoulder. Broke the rim on my front wheel going off a roller, Gambril Park, MD, bruised my shoulder.
    Am I being kind?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Man, you boys are awfully accident prone. I usually go down hard at least once a year or so, but only twice have I had to see a doc - the sidewalk face plant off the road bike last year and the half-dollar sized, 2 cm deep elbow gash this spring that ended up getting infected.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I spilled some beer this weekend. It was very painful and sad, so much so that I had to drink more beer to make myself feel better about it. The next day was painful too.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Man, you boys are awfully accident prone. I usually go down hard at least once a year or so, but only twice have I had to see a doc - the sidewalk face plant off the road bike last year and the half-dollar sized, 2 cm deep elbow gash this spring that ended up getting infected.
    I wondered when somebody would chime in with how clumsy everybody must be. Up until September, 2000, I would ride like I used to ski: balls out, over my head, beyond the envelope, too fast for conditions, until my little wake-up call where I came to, way off the trail with a dog licking my face, that left me sleeping in a recliner for 6 mos.

Now, blind grannies on walkers beat me down the hill. Just remember, I might be old, but I'm also slow...
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

I lost my balance getting off the Bullit this AM. Does that count?

mtbr member

OTB in stanley

dislocated my left shoulder and broke a piece of bone off the head of the humerous in my arm. popped 'er back in and went to crouch to party for the 4th of july. it's CRAZY up there during the holiday and every time an M80 went off i would jump, thereby jolting my involuntarily immobilized shoulder. by tuesday i was dying, the pain was so bad. gave in and got xrays~ sure enough, it was broken.

doing grrrreat now though!!
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

mtbr member
    Hidden Valley at Brundage towards end of rocky section. Took a very minor header OTB(wouldn't even rank a 3 on a 1-10 scale). Somehow in my one revolution, ruptured my ulnar colateral ligament in my thumb. Didn't even have any bruises or scrapes. Three days and 9K later, had surgery and sort of a new thumb.

Jan 2005
    In no particular order...

Broke right collarbone 5x
    Right arm 2x
    Left arm once,
    At least 4 Fingers,
    At least 3 toes,
    Dislocated Right shoulder
    Smashed Left Testicle
    Tore into my knee bone deep
    Nose 2x
    My ass is purple from bailing on the Tamarack Wallride...
    Lacerated my head in a major way...

Uh, hurt my pride and ego many times

I'm sure I'm missing something significant...

Aye Chihuahua!!!!

Did 13 shots (I stopped counting after 13) of Sauza in one night. I woke up the next day surrounded by Tony the Tiger stuffed animals, and a 5-star hangover.

Members who have read this thread: 0