Breakfast...- Mtbr.com

Thread: Breakfast...

mtbr member

Breakfast...

The days are getting shorter and colder so it must be time for the 103 forum to get lively... Let me see, I bet this winter we have a bit of:
    1. Why people should not be moving here.
    2. XC vs. Freeride
    3. What tire should I use in winter
    4. Earthpig vs. (fill in blank)
    5. What trails are good to ride when it's wet
    6. Who is the best mechanic in town
    7. How long will this inversion last
    8. Runners vs. bikers
    Always a joy to see...
    If you want to see the answers, read further down.

However, before we get to the winter board festivities, I figured I'd post another silly end of summer-beginning of fall-while we were out riding-pointless post...
    Here are a couple of pics of a Peregrine falcon trying to decide which establishment to go to for a nice pigeon breakfast.... Which got me thinking about my favorite place for a pre-ride breakfast:
    It's a toss up between Jim's (the restaurant with the big cock on the roof) and Flipside... Or back when I lived on the east side- Trolley House... Do y'all have a favorite?

Oh yeah, my answers for the future posting above (your answer will more than likely vary)...
    1. We all moved here from somewhere, get over it.
    2. It's all XC, it's how big you go that makes the difference...
    3. Same as summer
    4. We'll see which EP we get this winter. If it's a bad winter for riding, watch out! It won't be the kindler-gentler EP.
    5. All of it when you ride while it's frozen solid.
    6. Yourself and the Park Tools website.
    7. Til March
    8. Look up "common courtesy" or the IMBA rules of the trail for answers (hint: bikers are always low man on the trail user totem pole).

Back to your regular scheduled programming..
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtnjam
    -used to be State Court Cafe, but they're now gone. It was rumored they were going to reopen somewhere though this fall???

-back in the day Bev's Cafe in McCall had the best breakfast burritos

-Moon's had the best omelets when Pat was there cooking

mtbr member
    I'm a simple guy. River City Bagles for a bagle and coffee and I'm good.

If I'm going to sit down and eat... hmmm... I guess I never do that.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Sav-on when the former cook for the Gamekeeper was there, but that was a long, long time ago.

Nowadays, I try to stay home. Bangus (or langanisa), eggs, bagoong alamang, and rice with a cup of coffee. Which reminds me, I have to go to the Orient Market.

Beside, I like to see if I can get a double coiler after a night of sushi.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Sav-on when the former cook for the Gamekeeper was there, but that was a long, long time ago.

Nowadays, I try to stay home. Bangus (or langanisa), eggs, bagoong alamang, and rice with a cup of coffee. Which reminds me, I have to go to the Orient Market.

Beside, I like to see if I can get a double coiler after a night of sushi.
    man, if i can only get RRB to try bagoong... it's my favorite thing to put on top of tomatoes...

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    I don't care if you move here, just don't move west of Cole Road, cuz my daily commute from the West Valley Meadows Trailer Park sucks ass each morning. Can't developers start building suburbia east of the frickin' airport!?!?!

2. XC vs. Freeride
    I suck at XC and would love to ride like the Ian's and Tervor's of the world, I just ain't got the balls for it. And when I win the lottery, I'm buying all the new '07 Transitions

That dude from CO still hasn't sent me his Nevegals, so I think I'm gonna order some soon.

Is he building a pump track too?

I'm gonna stick with Rocky Canyon, 8th Street, and that one road that goes up behind the shooting range (is there an official name for that?).

Jon and Dan at Custom Cycles, Gary, the fine folks at Reed's, the Dirt Dart guys.

God I hope not too long.

8. Runners vs. bikers
    I do both, but I bike more than run. If I see someone tearing down Corrals, I'm not expecting him or her to yield to me even though that's proper etiquette, so I'll just make sure the rider has plenty of room and will give a friendly acknowledgement.

...Which got me thinking about my favorite place for a pre-ride breakfast:
    It's a toss up between Jim's (the restaurant with the big cock on the roof) and Flipside... Or back when I lived on the east side- Trolley House... Do y'all have a favorite?
    Back at BSU, we'd always hit up Elmer's across from campus each Friday morning. Nowadays I just bring a bagel with me and with temps getting cooler, I head over to Thomas Hammer to pick up either a 12 or 16oz soy white mocha (those are getting too spendy though). Once in a blue moon I'll hit up Moon's. I do have breakfast for lunch at Addie's each week though (Italian sausage, scrambled eggs, hash browns, sourdough toast, couple of Cokes). I'll also hit up McDonald's or Del Taco on occassion.

Here is my new helmet.....

Can't do the clown ride tonight, but if anyone sees me from a distance (I can't be that hard to miss), holler at your boy!!!

King of the Barneys
    It was hard to beat Manly's out on Federal Way(?) that shut its doors for good several years back. You gotta stand up and applaud a breakfast that takes 3 plates to serve... Sav-on was also a good post-ride greasy spoon, too. Now that Moons has royally disappointed me the last 3 times, I have to vote for either Flipside or Addies, if I don't wanna work up my own famous waffles and breakfast burritos that would peel the hide off a rhino.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

You'll need flames for that. Hit up the dispenser at Winco for annoying stickers...

bagoong alamang with tomatoes, and green onions....with itlog na maalat. Yummy. Coffee & puto are always good, but better with some langanisa.

Have her try bagoong alamang. It is a little milder, and the Orient Market has a sweet version, too.

Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    2. XC vs. Freeride
    8. Runners vs. bikers
    My answers are as such:

1. We should let people move here so we can beat them up and steal their groceries.
    2. XRFD wins. CrossRideFreeDowning
    3. Continental Diesel Protection
    4. Earthpig vs. Godzilla
    5. None
    6. Steve and Greg Parrish
    7. 2023 B.C.
    8. Unicyclists.

mtbr member
    Have her try bagoong alamang.

Insert rude comment about bagoong alamang

King of the Barneys
    Is there a Greg Parrish? And do you ever get toride with Tyler?

CB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Jan 2005
    You know, maybe Greg isn't Steve's son... I always assumed he was just because he runs the other van, and I knew Steve has a son other than Kendal, but just today I saw that there's a Tyler Parrish, so???

I never even knew there was a tyler, so I haven't ridden with him. I'll have to ask Steve about this...

King of the Barneys
    You'll get a kick out of riding with Tyler. He's a highly skilled, fearless hotdog...

CDB

mortman
    Aug 2006

Best Breakfast

I see some good ones so far, but you should come to Nampa and eat at the Honker Cafe. After breakfast you can just go back to Boise and ride. The BEST breakfast in the T-Valley is the FARMER'S BREAKFAST plate at the Honker Cafe. Hashies, mushrooms, onions, and peppers, topped with cheese and an egg on top and salsa on the side.

My advice: try it. If you still have room try and stuff down a small Bacon Hot Cake.

Those Arby's commercials have me thinkin' breakfast at the Honker.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Favorite pre-ride breakfast - small bowl of All Bran or peanut butter on 1 slice of whole grain toast.

Yesterday's pre-ride meal was one scrambled egg, cooked in the microwave, with a little seasoned salt and tabasco.

Today's gourmet breakfast was 1 piece of mozzarella string cheese eaten in the car on the way to drop the kid off at school.

Earthpig vs. Earthpig - cage match, no holds barred, to the death. (Only those of you who have seen Fight Club will understand. These days, I'm feeling a little like Ed Norton's character when he realized that he was also Tyler Durden. If only a touch of insanity was my problem....)
    Last edited by Earthpig; 09-25-2006 at 07:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Moon's breakfast is not all that. Prices are high and food is so-so.

I like Capri's best.

Merritt's is too stinky. I boycotted Addie's after two bad incidents with the service (read: none). I do like taking friends to the Trolley because they all think it's the best, and when we leave I get to tell them "told you so....it sucks." I make sure they volunteer to pay first.

and don't forget Big City's quiche: best in town.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Earthpig vs. Earthpig - cage match, no holds barred, to the death.
    No update.
    Last edited by Earthpig; 09-27-2006 at 05:31 AM.

My other self just tells me to ride more...and dig holes in the yard with the dogs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Breakfast

Talking about large breakfasts, if your ever in Bend, OR get some pancakes at the truckstop there. They are so Huge, they are bigger than the dinner plate they bring them out on.

Vince

Look out!
    All this talk of food reminds me of the B. Kliban quote:

"Never eat anything bigger than your head"
    Ride the bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0