BPD Bike cop on trail- Mtbr.com
    mortman
    Aug 2006

BPD Bike cop on trail

On Saturday morning about 9am I saw a BPD officer on a bike at the intersection of Kestrel and Freeway. He was using a pair of binocs to look down Kestrel. He sat there for a while just looking down the trail.

Any clues as to what he might have been looking for? Was he on doggy poo patrol, or was it bike related? Any guesses?

I did not see another cop at the bottom of Kestrel, so I think he was watching people coming up Kestrel.

This is the first time I have ever seen a bike cop on a trail in the foothills. It is BIG news to me. Take note: I get excited about little things.

On a side note, I climbed 8th st. on SAT morning,up to Scotts, and the road was full of suprises.....i.e. roll of duct tape, live shotgun shell, toothbrush holder, empty sunglass case, sunglasses further up road, and dirty toilet paper. Someone had a wild night.
    ride to work, work to live, live to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

well...

he was problay looking for people who are going off trail and who are destroying the land. maybe?? I could just see a BPD officer put on his sirens on his bike and go bike chasing after another person

hahahha
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    not surprising, he was probably looking for peeps passing *one* to the left.
    Its not often they go up there but they do. I saw one coming down table rock trail about 5 yrs ago.

haha, that reminds me, I saw a cop who couldn't bunny hop worth sh!t downtown on his shiny new hardtail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

hehehe

cops doing bunny hops. they are suppose to drive cars. not ride bikes.

If i were a cop i would so ride a horse. THAT WOULD BE AWSOME! i would name him/her flash. I would have them run after burglers and other bad people and then lasso them down. that would be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

Tracking up the place
    hey think about this....They are getting paid to ride a bike....not quite a sponsorship but hell they are riding a bike... have to envy that....8-10 hr shift on a bike...
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

mtbr member

i got a guess

guy(cop) on bike, with binoculars...easy

checking out the cute BOMBS
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I'd rather die on my bike than live on my knees.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    Hahaha, I saw that the other day. Apparently it stated out without the tip and then someone came in the next night and finished the job.

Members who have read this thread: 0