Bozeman/Helena/Butte--Copper City Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Bozeman/Helena/Butte--Copper City Trails

they have established a new website for this area;
    Copper City Trails | Southwest Montana Mountain Bike Association
    If you are in the Bozeman area, meeting and fundraiser is scheduled April 20th @ Map Brewery 5-8 pm

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Are we still going to be Allowed to shoot at copper city? I have been shooting out there for years and sure hope that is not changing?
    SalsaTiMukluk
    Salsa Fargo
    Salsa Cutthroat
    Salsa Blackborow DS
    Pivot Switchblade

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    i don't know. i shoot, but not there so i didn't follow that part too closely. it was brought up during the open comments period, including support to keep it going from some of the people who worked the last couple of years to get this going. they seem fast to reply to facebook questions, maybe start there for your answer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Not on Facebook. Logan is way too crowded to go shooting there. Kinda worth the trip out to Copper City for some freedom shooting. It is a lot easier to ATB than shoot in these parts at this point. I could see the BLM using mountain bikes as a reason to ban shooting there. Thanks Fleboz
    SalsaTiMukluk
    Salsa Fargo
    Salsa Cutthroat
    Salsa Blackborow DS
    Pivot Switchblade

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    i agreed on fb and logan. depending where you live, i like the livingston gun range. good group, no politics and a beer at the murray after.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Might have to check it out what is the longest you can shoot there? How windy is it? Haha! Logan can get dang windy.
    SalsaTiMukluk
    Salsa Fargo
    Salsa Cutthroat
    Salsa Blackborow DS
    Pivot Switchblade

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    There will be a fundraiser for Copper City trails at MAP brewery on April 20. Ales for Trails.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Good meeting last night. Went over the current 3 stages planned and time line. Tim has and continues to put an enormousness amount of time into this project, I for one am very thankful. He will give the same presentation at 4/20 MAP fundraiser.

demondan-shooting--Tim is working with the BLM on this issue to insure shooting still exists. As with any gov't agency, this isnt an easy thing. One of the issues is you cannot have a "designated" shooting area on federal land without creating liability. So a "suggested" area will be created. He also said he shoots close by, i forgot to write the name down but the area is lone something...i'll ask him again. Apparently its pretty close to copper city.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Thanks for all the hard work on this guys, super awesome.

Will be at the fundraiser for sure. Is there opportunity to volunteer? I'd love to donate both man power as well as more 'white-collar' skills in case they are needed/helpful.

mtbr member
    Will be at the fundraiser for sure. Is there opportunity to volunteer? I'd love to donate both man power as well as more 'white-collar' skills in case they are needed/helpful.

I've been out of the loop since a meeting held this winter but, at that time, Tim was saying he was in need of people with experience writing applications for grants. Since much of the system will be professionally/machine built with volunteers doing the final touches, $ is what's needed at this point.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    dir-T is correct, Tim asked that at the presentation. If you can make the fundraiser, he will be there and you can ask him directly. Also looking for donations for the fundraiser. If you want to contact him before hand use this email:
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    friendly reminder for the Copper City event at MAP Brewery tonight. Doors open at 4, Tim will speak at 6.
    if you are local, ride your bike if you can. As we all know their slogan could be , Great Beer-Terrible parking.
    Lewis and Clark is having a trail building day on Saturday.
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The fundraiser was a smashing success. We're now off to a good start for phase one funding. Hundreds of people showed up, bought beer glasses, and talked and drank about all things mountain bike. SWMMBA ran out of glasses! More are on the way.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

rth009
    May 2010
    I just made a small donation from your website for the copper city trails. I travel between Missoula and Bozeman/Billings a lot for work and Copper City will be a great place to stop along the way. please keep us posted on the progress.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Just a note, If you go shooting out there PLEASE pickup your damn trash! Last time I rode I picked up 3 plastic bottles and loaded them with handfuls of shells, glass, rope and wrappers. No excuse to be a jackass and leave trash on the trails (Or Anywhere) especially when you have a truck. Respect the land and the people using it!!! Also, don't be asshole and break empty bottles on the trails....plenty of that around shooting areas too.